s it possible to hate your kids

my son and i never fight. but my daughters its like world war three. youngest is getting on my last nerve. she has one kid and pregant with her second. shes only 19 . every other word out of her mounth is f--ky-u or shut the f--kup. her son is always nearby to hear her. she rarely if ever helps out. she does work part time goes to community college and rarely takes care of her son. how dont know how shes going to take care of three kids. she doesnt feel she needs to go to a trade school or vacational school so shell make enough to support her kids. she thinks fininical aid will hlp her out. by the way shes quiting school and her job. she plans on taking classes on line . i just want to back up andleave but i worry about my grandson. my other daughter isnt a prize either. she tries to tell me how to run my life and fininces and she and her husband filed bankrupty and about to lose their house. she had her car repossed. i jus

stressedoutgran

Asked by stressedoutgran at 11:09 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• yeah that does sound like some major disrespect is going on and sure of course you fear for your grandson but.. is that REALLY,,,, YOUR issue>? No, its hers.. as sad as it is, you've raised your kids - good or bad.. you don't need to enable them or parent their kids either...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:14 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• You have a lot going on right now it sounds. Maybe they just need a wiff of reality. I always pity the children caught in the cross fire but unfortunately all you can do is pray that they all figure it out. Good luck!!
    mistrs_momma

Answer by mistrs_momma at 11:14 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I do not think you can hate your children. you might no always like what they are doing or how they are doing thngs but hate them I do not think I could ever hate one of my children no matter what they choose to do. I just give them my advice and hope some of my experiences in life will reflect on them.
    nanny29

Answer by nanny29 at 11:15 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Angry, disappointed - but not hate.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 11:25 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I think the right words are you dislike her right now. Honestly my kids know I have boundaries and rules. A daughter like that livinfg with me would follow the rules or move out. Period. My sons are 19 and 18. Their dad (divorced) cusses so my boys picked that up. They know that I do not allow that in my house. They also have to follow my rules or move out. I would not feel sorry for them at all if they choose to be disrespectful and ended up on their own with kids. I was on my own at 16 with a son. I had to mature the hard way but everyone has to do it at some point. My opinion is that your daughter is learning to feel sorry for herself and be dependant. She may need tough love so that she can mature.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 9:11 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• i don't hate my kids i just that they would realize im a human being with feelings. that they would respect me and not talk to me the way they do. hate is too strong a word. dislike is better its not them personally its just their attitude. especialy my younger daughter. i want her to look at the big picture she has to wake up and realize pretty soon shell have two kids under 5 to support. she needs a reality check fininical aid and a part time job wont support her kids and herslf and i cant do it anymore. i live in a very expensive state.i want to move but i worry about my grandkids. when i try to talk to her about her situation she just tell me to shut the f--kup. i juat dont know how much longer i can live with her.
    stressedoutgran

Comment by stressedoutgran (original poster) at 11:44 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• You did your time and raised your kids. She is an adult now or she thought she was when she got knocked up 3 times. Give her space and time to handle alone. She will soon realize all your help and appreciate you. Right now, she doesn't respect you and expects your help. When in fact you don't need to help her. Make her realize that. Her attitude should change.
    way2cute

Answer by way2cute at 1:20 PM on Oct. 27, 2010