Its not a rash!

Today I took my ds dipper off to give him a bath. when I did everything under where his dipper was except his little crack and winkie dink. was pright red almost as if he had a rash. but he dident. I noticed that while he was in the shower he kept itching it Im not sure but I think he is allergic to his dipper. He has never had a problem with this typ of dipper and I cant afored to buy him pampers. I changed his last two dippers because of this too. any Ideahs would be apriciative.

EliasMommyDec09

Asked by EliasMommyDec09 at 11:12 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Maybe try using a diaper cream like A&D or vaseline, just to make a protective barrier between him that the diaper.
    christinab313

Answer by christinab313 at 11:16 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Yeast infection would be my bet. My son just got over it with a prescription cream. It looked like dry skin but regular lotion/cream will not fix it. Take him in and have it looked at. It will clear up pretty fast with treatment.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:38 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• he could have a yeast infection or UTI also if his his penis was red and he is itching. I would call for a Dr. appointment just to be sure. Yeast infections are not as common in males as females but it is possible
    LadySaphira

Answer by LadySaphira at 11:35 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Powder might help. Letting him run around with no diaper and allowing air to get the area will help also. Otherwise, in case of an infection as previously mention, I would feed him some yogurt and possibly take him to the doctor. And after washing him, make sure he is completely dry in that area before putting on another diaper. Good Luck.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 11:41 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• If is is a yeast infection, putting athlete's foot cream on it will clear it up quickly. That is what my daughter's doc had me use and it worked wonders!
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 7:03 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Red and itchy is a rash. It could be a yeast infection too. Try slathering his bum with a good diaper rash cream, and let him go diaperless part of the day. If it doesn't clear up, take him to the dr.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 10:41 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• i would suggest different diapers and stick with a brand that works... and second the yeast infection suggestion.
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:35 PM on Oct. 31, 2010