Cheri's time in the bobsled race was 1min. ,38.29 . Write the word form and the value of the 9 in Cheri's time.

I can't understand please explain this problem

AndreaDaniela

Asked by AndreaDaniela at 11:13 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in

• The 9 is nine HUNDREDTHS - one minute, thirty-eight and twenty nine hundredths. On the left side of the decimal the place value begins at ones, then goes to tens, hundreds, etc. But on the right side of the decimal the place value begins at TENTHS then hundredths, thousandths, etc. It is basically the number form of a fraction (29/100 of a second).
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 11:20 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 11:21 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Its 9 hundreds...look at the chart I sent you in your last post....You might want to read over your book again to get a better understanding.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:21 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I thnk, and don't quote me (i'm horrible at math) that it's asking you to write out the vaue so it would be

one minute and thirty eight and twenty-nine hundreths of a second. 9's value is hundreth.

Here's the chart I use to use back when we were decimal places, hope it helps

katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 11:21 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• i'm just doing this for fun
    AndreaDaniela

Comment by AndreaDaniela (original poster) at 11:25 PM on Oct. 26, 2010