water broke during sex? tmi adult content

ok so im just gonna come out and say that when me and my bf have sex and i "go" it is usually a feeling that i get before hand like working up to it and today i have been having painful cramps but not regular so we had sex tonight and we didnt do anything different or try anything new and during this i "went" all over the bed like alot and it was very watery and there was no build up like im used to. so i was wondering could my water have broke? im almost 37weeks sorry if its a little personal im just kinda worried

Tbrown33317

Asked by Tbrown33317 at 11:14 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Maybe your should call your doctor ASAP! Good luck!
    mistrs_momma

Answer by mistrs_momma at 11:16 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• If there is still some fluid coming out then it could be. I would go in and get checked out. Just to be on the safe side. There is a high risk of infection the longer you have your water broke.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:16 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• If your water broke you will continue to leak fluid every time you move. My water DID break during sex at 28 weeks with my first. But you would know if your water breaks, like I said, it will continue to leak when you walk or "push". Call your midwife or OB and they can put a little teststrip in the fluid to test if it is amniotic fluid or urine.
    -crunchy-mama-

Answer by -crunchy-mama- at 11:16 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• did it have a smell to it? like urine or was there no smell?
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 11:17 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Yes it most likely was your water breaking and the cramps could be early contractions. You need to go to labor and delivery right away because once your water breaks, you can easily get an infection and the baby can be at risk especially if you aren't full-term yet. If it wasn't your water and everything checks out okay that you aren't in pre-term labor, they will just send you home.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:18 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Put on a pantyliner and see if it fills up with liquid. If so it is probably your water. If you are worried then go to the L&D. The nurses have heard EVERYTHING! So there is no need to be embarrassed. It is a quick test to see if it was your water.

Good Luck!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:18 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• no it didnt have any smell
    Tbrown33317

Comment by Tbrown33317 (original poster) at 11:18 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I have had urine that had no smell, so that doesn't always mean anything. Was there any bloddy show? When my water broke there was always a little pink tinge here and there. Just go in and have them to the litmus paper test to check for amniotic fluid. Don't wait too long, if your bag is broken and you aren't progressing you can get infrction.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:25 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• bloody...can't spell lol!
    Musicmom80

• no there was no blood with it
    Tbrown33317

Comment by Tbrown33317 (original poster) at 11:27 PM on Oct. 26, 2010