what does splitting up do to a sensitive child

if your relationship is good and no fighting.. but your husband left you for finding out you cheated years before your child was born?? what will that do to a 3 year old little angel boy who is very sensitve...?? no bashing please... and only if you have actually messed up and changed and been through this???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• This is my philosophy. When it comes to relationships, you can't think about the kids, because if you do, then you're not taking your own feelings into consideration. Wouldn't you rather have 2 happy homes, than 1 unhappy home? I know I would, tough as it is not being w/ ur hubby. But what's meant to be will find it's way. Don't act upset or any different around your son, than you would any other normal day.

best of wishes.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 11:55 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Kids are resilient. Give him some credit. If it's what needs to happen , it will and he will be fine. Just be sensetive to his feelings.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:21 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Kids are resilient and I'm sorry but agree with both moms. You need to do whats best for you and make a bad situation into a happy one for your child. He will be better off than hearing you guys fight because it will eventually come to that if you stay together. But if he is a noble guy, he will find forgiveness and be willing to work it out. I do have some experience with this but I would probably write a book. lol
    bestmomever333

Answer by bestmomever333 at 12:35 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• If your cheating episode happened before your child was born, why does it bother your husband now? Do you think that you have any chance of getting back together if you have marriage counseling? There will be an adjustment period for the both of you. You'll have to be strong for your son and be there for him, that's what matters. Remember that you still have each other. I wish you both well.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:37 AM on Oct. 27, 2010