My husband has not worked in over a year

I feel resentful towards him at times. It seems like when the bills come due I jut want to shout to him get a job and help me. In his defince he does help around the house some and he has a vision problem so itis harder for him to find a job.

nanny29

Asked by nanny29 at 11:19 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

• I am so sorry. My girlfriend's husband did not have a job for 2 1/2 years. That was super tough on her and her family. I would suggest a home business for you. If he is having difficulty finding one, take matters into your own hands. Home businesses are the only ones that will not fire you, lay you off....you get paid for your efforts. Be sure to choose a company that has consumable products (reorders every month), products that are in demand, and one where you can leverage your time. Good luck and God bless.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 8:35 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I am sure its very stressful for both of you - I am sorry you are in this situation and wish you the best!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:20 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• If he's trying then really you shouldn't yell at him. Nothing ever gets accomplished in marriage by yelling or belittling the opposite spouse. You can try helping him find a job.

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 11:22 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• He should try going to Vocational Rehabilitation. They help people with any type of disabilities get a job. I think all he'll need is a letter from a doctor stating his vision problem and then make an appointment. I hope this helps.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:32 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I do no yell at him sometimes I feel like it though. We do not really argue maybe one time in the 16 years we have been together. It is just frusteratng.
    nanny29

Comment by nanny29 (original poster) at 11:25 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Money reasons is one of the biggest reasons for people breaking up. It stresses people out. Try to give him a break if he is trying to look. Times are hard right now and so many people are looking for jobs.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:38 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Has there ever been a time that he took care of you? Sometime situations change and we have to keep things in perspective. I'm sure it's very frustrating for you AND him. Unless he's just a lazy idiot, I'd cut him some slack. Is there anything he can do from home? Does he have any hobbies that he could turn into a source of income? My husband used to make grips for guns just out of interest. Then one day someone asked to buy a set... turned into a real viable income. Just think about what he's good at and how he might be able to contribute, even if it is in a small way.
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 3:49 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I'm so sorry. Mine hasn't worked in about two years - he has been a full time student and taking care of the kids during that time. He will be graduating at Christmas time.

I hope your gets a job soon.
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 9:13 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I'm sorry you feel that way. Just keep in mind it's not his fault and a lot of people are in the same situation as you.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:19 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• ,aybe he lacks confidence and doesnt know how to present himself at job interviws. my husband was the same way. he fell into his job as a trucker. he was unemployed for 6 years. but he found odd jobs and did volunteer work. you need to be more supportive. dont critize him. help him.
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 12:55 PM on Oct. 27, 2010