who here has a problem with their parents?

I live with my parents.. just got a job and started work the recent Monday.. I'm trying to find out just how much i get so i can move out ughh.. anyways.. my mother and i have a huge problem.. she's acting like my son is hers and gets bitchy when someone happens and we wind up getting into a big fight that causes my son to get scared and i would have to rock him till he calms down ;[ and my father just stayed out of it because he got tired of us arguing.. it's been like this since my son was born.. IT'S CRAZY!! if one of you guys do go through this.. how do you slide past is and not go crazy? ;[

kittenripmaygo

Asked by kittenripmaygo at 11:22 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• just so you know.. i am around my son a lot, i do play with ihm, feed him, and everything.. the only reason she thinks he is hers is because i go to college and now... work..
    kittenripmaygo

Comment by kittenripmaygo (original poster) at 11:29 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Good luck...I think it must be really hard to be a single Mom and living with parents.
    Where is the father?
    Wouldn't you be happier on your own?
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:29 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• the father... is out doing his own thing lol.. idc anymore.. i left him when nathan was 2 weeks old because he just didn't care for him.. before you mention child support.. he's ordered to pay 265 a month.. which he just won't do.. nathan's 13 months old now
    kittenripmaygo

Comment by kittenripmaygo (original poster) at 11:32 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I have had issues with my parents since hving kids similar to what you described, though I have never been a single mom. My oldest is nerly 6. Idk what to tell you other than just do what is best for you and your ds. Parents usually think there is no chance of them being wrong, even when its obvious they are. I've learned the hard way to just let parents say/do whatever. Talk calmly and don't let mom run all over you. Bust tail to get through college and get a good job and get out of the house. And if I were you I would be reporting the ex baby daddy to wherever it is that you report it to. They WILL arrest a guy for not paying child support. Handcuffs and all. I've seen it happen at my workplace!!!!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:02 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I'm sorry but if he doesnt pay, you take him back to court. they will MAKE him pay. And good job on trying to raise your son. Don't let your mom push you around. Keep working, save til you can get your own place, and get him in a daycare if she cant stop behaving the way she is.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:17 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I think it's time you need to get your own place and some peace of mind. It sounds like you've been with them since he was born, she probably thinks she is helping, but she's not exactly seeing the fact that it scares your son. Have you told her that? Neither of you need that, you need to get out of there ASAP.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:30 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Never been in your situation but I think the answer is to get your own place asap! Grown kids with their own children need to bring them up with support but not overbearing interference.
    jackdaw

Answer by jackdaw at 3:29 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• gah sounds like me but i finally put my foot down it got bad one night when my friend was watching my son my mom didn't like that so she made arrangements to pick him up i was staying the night with my ex and my friend was gonna keep him till i got up well low and behold at the ass crack of dawn i am getting calls to come home and take care of my kid i am like well hell you shouldn't have went and picked him up he isn't yours to make new arrangements after that i set down the law i said he is mine i will do with him what i want you had you chance with your kids you screwed one of us up really bad don't try to make it up with my son we still got into fights but in the end of me stepping up and laying down the law it was easier
    acastle2

Answer by acastle2 at 9:18 PM on Oct. 27, 2010