Lip piercing?

I want to get my lip pierced with a small stud. I'm 22. too immature? Thought's?

AvilaAngie

Asked by AvilaAngie at 11:23 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Oh ouch! Sounds very dangerous. If you would get an infection,then there is a possibility of scar tissue and disfiguration and it won't be pretty. STick wth the safe stuff like earlobes. Otherwise, you might be really in a bunch of pain and scars.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:26 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Wow...I had my lip pierced. There was no pain, infection or scars.^ Really? Why answer if you are so uninformed?

I was 31 when I had mine pierced.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:28 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• It's not so bad, I had mine done, got sick of it after a year or so and took it out but the scar isn't noticeable. Go for it, if you want one who cares what other people think!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:28 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I know plenty of people who have it and it didn't get infected. I know people who removed it too and there wasn't a scar, so if you didn't like it you could just take it out. If you want it, go ahead. I don't see how it affects your parenting or you as a person! GL
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:29 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Thanks ladies! I think i'm going to go for it!
    AvilaAngie

Comment by AvilaAngie (original poster) at 11:33 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I got my lip pierced right after I turned 18 three years ago and I love it. It's still one of my favorite piercings (I have 8 body piercings, plus 3 in each ear, and the first are 0g). I don't think it's immature at all. I have mine to the side on the bottom with a 16g hole. It's also one of the least painful that I've gotten and it healed in about 2 weeks.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:41 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Bump. I have mine and I love it. If you want it then go get it and don't let ppl stop you just because they don't have the nads to do it.
    Mandyof3

Answer by Mandyof3 at 11:50 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I went through a phase where I wanted everything pierced. Not that I'm almost 25 and been in the workforce long enough, I find it incredibly juvenile. If you don't care what people think about you, and you're not in a position that it would detract from your professionalism then I guess it's whatever. At least you can take it out if you decide you hate it.
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 3:33 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I had one of those when I was your age. Hell, when I was your age, there wasn't a spot on my body from my eyebrow to my crotch that I DIDN'T have pierced. I took 'em all out when I was about 24 or 25 though... 22 can rock it, just know when you've outrgown it. :)
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 8:35 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

kerp1960

Credits: 3641 Level 17

Just so you know...you are just as likely to get an infection, scar tissue, and disfiguration from your ear lobes too. Piercing is a piercing. As long as you take care of it properly you have nothing to worry about. Nice job on being informed.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 9:04 AM on Oct. 27, 2010