Contractions PIOG

I'm 29wks 3days and for about an hour and a half I've been having contractions. I haven't called the doctor yet because I'm not in that much pain. I was cleaning a lot today(I'm nesting) so maybe this could be the reason? SO is at work but he is on standby in case I need to go to the hospital. I really don't wanna go to the er tonight. Its just me and the boys home and their in bed. Any suggestions on how I can try to calm these down or stop them naturally? I'm willing to try anything.

reigndrops12689

Asked by reigndrops12689 at 11:50 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Take a warm bath, drink some water and lay down. If they don't stop the call your dr. Or if you are concerned just calll your dr
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 11:52 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• They're probably Braxton Hicks (sp) or false labor. We can't diagnose, of course, but they're not unusual at this stage of pregnancy. Drink plenty of water and rest for a while. See if that helps. But put a call in to your doc or nurse just to check, IMO.
    MonicaE521

Answer by MonicaE521 at 11:54 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Are they in a regular pattern? If so then there is no stoping it and you are going to be having your baby. I would try to hold off as long as you can but still call and talk to L&D.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:57 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• That's normal at that time. My BH contractions always started without a doublt at 30 weeks. Nesting happens through out pregnancy, not just the last days. You may be dehydrated too. Drink a ton of water and lay down. It's not time yet! :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:02 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• By the way, Braxton Hicks Contractions can be regular with timing, but just make sure they aren't intensifying.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:03 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• They are regular but they aren't as intense as I remember with my first 2. I drank some water and am currently laying down. Thanks.
    reigndrops12689

Comment by reigndrops12689 (original poster) at 12:40 AM on Oct. 27, 2010