What are some ways my husband can get custody of the boys?

Doesn't he have to prove i'm unfit or equivalent?

bestmomever333

Asked by bestmomever333 at 11:59 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• Depends on what kind of custody you're talking about. There is sole legal custody, sole physical custody, and then shared custody of the two.

Mind explaining a little bit?
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 12:02 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Sorry. That would be sole legal custody.
    bestmomever333

Comment by bestmomever333 (original poster) at 12:10 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• He would have to prove that you were an unfit parent or have an unstable living environment for the little ones.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:27 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• What do you mean by unstable living enviroment?
    bestmomever333

Comment by bestmomever333 (original poster) at 12:28 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Unstable meaning that you're irrational. He could have witnesses to back up his story.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 12:36 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I have a part time job and he is giving me til January 1st to find a better paying job or he wants to kick me out and he won't let the boys come with me. He has already conspired with his family to help him out if that should happen.
    bestmomever333

Comment by bestmomever333 (original poster) at 12:40 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I'm pretty saneand stable I don't jump off the deep end about stuff. How can I make sure I get full custody of them. I do have some dirt on him but rather not use it in hopes we can work something out. I am willing to let him spend time with them but they are generally living me full time.
    bestmomever333

Comment by bestmomever333 (original poster) at 12:47 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• See a lawyer NOW!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:49 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I got sole custody, legal and physical, from my ex being in the military.

In any normal situation, you don't usually get full custody. You usually share it. Honestly if you're only working part time right now but plan on finding a new job the judge won't look at that favorably. The judge will be looking at AT LEAST 6 months when having a home, job, etc and you really need a FT job in order to sufficiently support a family, aka being a single parent.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 1:07 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Yea you need a lawyer but remember that your relationship with your husband is not equal to your husbands relationship with the kids. In other words, unless he is abusive towards you or them (and you can prove it) the kids have a right to see mom and dad. Joint custody is a bitch but you may want to consider being the domicory parent with joint custody. The kids can live with you and dad but he will owe you child support.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 1:09 AM on Oct. 27, 2010