Halloween costume question

My dd wants to be a "mother" for halloween and I have no idea how to make this. I am not going to buy one ,and will have to use what we have around the house. Does anyone have any ideas of what a "mother"would look like? She is 6.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Oct. 30, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• What a cute idea! I would use one of her dolls and maybe some doll accessories (bottle, diapers, clothes). Maybe carry the baby in an old backpack of your daughters. Good luck!
    supermomkell

Answer by supermomkell at 11:16 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• You can do a traditional housewife mother...put her in an apron, kinda 1950s style...skirt, nice blouse, hose (tights), and have the baby stroller doll accessories.
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 11:37 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Put her hair in rollers, put a burp cloth over her shoulder, and velcro or sew baby dolls on her, to make them look like they are hugging her leg as she's trying to walk. Have her carry one too-that would be funny. Or she could carry a toy frying pan with an egg inside-she could dress in a bath robe with slippers. A toy vacuum would be something to bring along. This is a fun idea...
    Anonymous

• I really really like anons idea but I'm not sure your DD will go for that... I agree with reabell pushing the stroller with her 'baby's' stuff would be super cute. Maybe she could use one of your old purses for her trick or treat bag?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:24 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Thank you for all your ideas! She changed her mind at the last minute and decided to be Tinkerbell-again! lol (rolling eyes) Maybe next year...
    Princessmom0726

Answer by Princessmom0726 at 11:11 AM on Dec. 8, 2008