did your baby still have hiccups at 38weeks pregnant ive read hiccups could be a sign of umbelical compression and other bad things.SCARY ive also heard its normal please give feedback

i know i worry sooo much!

landonsMOMMY500

Asked by landonsMOMMY500 at 12:54 AM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Mine all had hiccups up until the time that I delivered. I never heard anything about being worried about it. News to me.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:56 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Relax its fine baby hiccups because they are swallowing amniotic fluid and yes even urine to learn how to eat when they are born its just preperations :)
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 12:58 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Where did you read that?? I think ALL babies get the hiccups in utero. Hiccups are contractions of the diaphragm, strengthening it so that Baby can breathe on his own. I've never heard of anything to be concerned with related to hiccups.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:59 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• its an awful site that ive never actually been on but ive heard other moms talking about its like missinggrace.com or somthing like that i wont go on it i wouldnt sleep again by the sounds of it if idid
    landonsMOMMY500

Comment by landonsMOMMY500 (original poster) at 1:06 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• hicups are completely normal nothing to worry about if you are that worried contact your ob/gyn
    ChristalMiron

Answer by ChristalMiron at 1:07 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Mine had hiccupsall of the time! In fact my youngest had them on the morning I was induced. They were rolling me in labor and delivery and there goes my belly, just bumping along. LOL He was and is perfectly healthy.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 1:17 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• My youngest had hiccups from the time I first felt him move until he was delivered. In fact..he hiccuped before he took his first real breath. Relax and go with it. I worked L&D for 3 years, I never once heard a Dr. say hiccups were were anything but simply hiccups.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:22 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Mine had hiccups when I was in full blown 6cm labor. Lol
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 1:24 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• My son had hiccups all through my pregnancy and three times during labor. Now, he did have his cord wrapped around his shoulders, but that had nothing to do with the hiccups; he just didn't (and still doesn't) know how to be still. There are still days when he'll have the hiccups three or more times and he's three years old.
    ruthie11617

Answer by ruthie11617 at 1:52 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I know that hiccups are normal and expected.
    I have never heard anything dangerous about the cord relating to it, that doesn't make sense to me...
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:02 AM on Oct. 27, 2010