your ex.

how do i stop his drama? hes bouncing back and forth between wanting me back and hes going to change to being a dick! i told him i dont want to get back with him. he hurt me too much for too long. we have 2 kids together, and i want him to be involved in their lifes. but idk whats going to happen when he is with them. anything? any help? any way to protect myself anf my babies?

2boysmommy.js

Asked by 2boysmommy.js at 1:06 AM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• Tell him to take a hike and you are not interested any more, stick to it and he will get the hint.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:11 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• It's called CUT OFF ALL COMMUNICATION! He will only do and get away with what YOU ALLOW HIM to! As for the kids, well I hope they don't see this "drama". Get the visitation done and be VERY SPECIFIC. Use your legal center to help you and mediation to you and your kids benefit/best interest. If he is that outta control get a RESTRAINING ORDER FIRST, then do your custody/visitation stuff. The thing here is to be a GOOD MOM, use all the resources you can to have your children LIVE AND THRIVE IN A HEALTHY ENVIRONMENT, live a healthy life for yourself away from men with those behaviors, and MOVE FORWARD! :) Believe me, it'll be a little grief to go through for now but in the end you will have a much better life and the peace of knowing you made decisions that were the best for your kids! THAT'S WHAT A MOM'S ALL ABOUT...and hey, if he doesn't prove himself a decent father...let him HANG HIS OWN ASS! Good Luck Mamma!
    NoDramaMamma

Answer by NoDramaMamma at 1:16 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I never had my father involved in my life growing up as a child and now as an adult there is allot I want to say to him. I'm not given the opportunity b/c I'm not his son BUT letting your kids see and spend time w/their dad is a good thing provided he wants to see them. You don't want your kids growing up and wondering, "Why wasn't I enough?", "Why don't you love me?" like myself and 2 siblings had too.
    MommyBellz

Answer by MommyBellz at 1:21 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• You can lead a horse to water but...Just ignore him and get on with YOUR life, sister.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 7:24 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Realize that you are worth more than to settle for someone who does not respect you. If he does not love you enough to respect your feeling and such...I say let him be.
    ahataway

Answer by ahataway at 9:15 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• thats the prob. he wont leave me alone. calling and texting at all hours threatining to call the cops cause i wont let him take the boys in the middle of the night. showing up at 5 am. its just too much.
    2boysmommy.js

Comment by 2boysmommy.js (original poster) at 10:58 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• 2boysmommy gah he sounds ALOT like my ex I am sorry to hear you are going thru that but to deal with the calls I actually put my ex on blocked calls list until he straightens up which he hasn't but another option is that you can get a cheap cellphone with a cheap plan and have that for communication with your kids and at a respectable hour turn the phone off but the only way to make this work is you will have to change your cellphone number courts only say they have to have a way to talk to their kids not communicate with you and if he wants to talk to you he can do it on that phone during respectable hours it sucks but it helps and takes a lot of stress off of you esp in the middle of the night for like 3am drunken calls/texts (well thats what i got) i hope it helps its an idea and i'd get a cheap straight talk phone from walmart to make it work for you i hope this helps even a little
    acastle2

Answer by acastle2 at 12:26 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• let him spend time with the kids of course, but get him out of your life. If you want to make sure he is being a good dad when he is with the kids maybe you can arrange for supervised visits.
    jshimmy

Answer by jshimmy at 12:47 PM on Oct. 27, 2010