Does this happen to you...

My son will eat chicken but when it comes to beef he has a problem for some reason and when I do finally get him to eat beef, he will chew it up and then spit it out...What is he doing and why?

2kidsandtired

Asked by 2kidsandtired at 1:15 AM on Oct. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• Beef has a different texture and can be hard to chew for some little ones. Try cutting it up REALLY small. My girls had trouble just because they could chew beef for hours and it didn't break down in their mouths.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 10:15 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Sounds like he just doesn't like it. Do you try putting anything on it??
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 1:21 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• He probably just doesn't like it...right now. My daughter was picky. Sometimes I could trick her into trying/eating things. She loved the movie Lion King, so I would imitate the way the characters ate bugs saying "tastes like chi-cken". We'd laugh, then she would take a bite and say "tastes like chi-cken". Soon her plate would be empty.

Of course, I'm assuming your son is 2ish.

How old is he? Has he ever eaten beef?
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 1:22 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• He is a little over two and he eats beef all the time. I put all kinds of things on it and even give him dipping sauce and let him eat it with toothpicks, etc.
    2kidsandtired

Comment by 2kidsandtired (original poster) at 1:27 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• My younger brother is now ten and for the past 5 years the only way you can get him to eat any kind of meat it with barbacue sauce covering it. From hot dogs to steak to pork chopsd to chicken it must be slathered or he won't come near it.
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 1:28 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• My son does the same thing, so his babysitter put BBQ sauce on it and he will eat it now. LOL kids are funny.
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 11:15 AM on Oct. 27, 2010