How often should I feel my baby kicking 4 months into the pregancy?

Some times "little feet" (baby's nickname until gender is known) will kick allot during the day other days very little, should I be worried when I'm not feeling allot of kicking?

MommyBellz

Asked by MommyBellz at 1:31 AM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• At this stage it is usually very sporadic. Some women don't feel anything yet - so consider yourself lucky if you do! You'll notice it more frequently after your 20th week.
    07Mommy10

Answer by 07Mommy10 at 1:35 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Nope. It's common to not feel daily movement until after the halfway point, kick counts monitoring movement are recommended starting week 28.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:36 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• My Midwives always told me sit down for one hour and count the kicks. You should feel 10 an hour if not I was to call them. But ad you get further along they will be harder to feel as the baby is running out of space. I always felt 10 by a half hour but everyone is different.
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 1:39 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Don't do kick counts before 28 weeks, or you'll freak yourself out. At this point, there won't be any regularity to it. Another month or two from now, you should expect SOME movement most days or every day. It's not that the baby isn't moving, it's that she has plenty of room to swim laps before bumping into a wall, so you don't feel much of it until she starts running out of room.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:44 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• But I do agree with musicpices you shouldn't be counting until your further along. After 28 weeks if there is not regularity to kicks there is cause for concer but until then don't scare yourself. I always freaked about the littlest things but don't stress yourself out like I did.
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 1:51 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I didnt feel my daughter until I I was about 6 months or later I cant remember.. But I already knew her gender by then so ...
    Bribry

Answer by Bribry at 2:07 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Also... She kicked a lot at night and not much in the day.. I assumed she slept in the day a lot and when I was trying to sleep at night she would wake up cause there was no movement lulling her to sleep....
    Bribry

Answer by Bribry at 2:13 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I never even felt the first one till around 20 weeks.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 11:25 AM on Oct. 27, 2010