Do you know what the laws are for registered sex offenders in your area and Halloween?

Ours is only enforced for those that have been convicted after 2008. They cannot pass out candy and cannot go out between the hours of 5:30-10:30. Seems a little vague to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Porch lights off, no decorations, no candy. No enticements to children to come to the house. No being in the yard for two hours prior to dusk and two hours after.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 1:50 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• oh wow! I think that is something to look into for my area. . . I really never thought about it. . . that is a scary thought.
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 1:43 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• We also have where they cannot pass out candy or go out during trick or treat hours. I also checked on our sex offender registry, where you can type in your address and it will tell you where they live within a 2 mile radius, to make sure where they are living and if any were near out route. Our police department is also putting,"NO CANDY AT THIS RESIDENCE" signs on their homes, so that if some parents don't pay attention ahead of time or if any teens are out alone they will know when they get to a house.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 2:19 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I don't know what the laws are in my area, but will be with my kids while they are trick-or-treating...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 8:52 AM on Oct. 27, 2010