When does your belly button start poking out?

I am just entering my 6th month and my belly button is starting to poke out I was just wondering when It goes out all the way is the baby ready to be deliver I know you have to be dialated and what not but I hear once the belly button comes out then its almost time is it true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My belly button never popped all they way out. It just got flat like it was even with my big ol belly. It varies from pregnancy to pregnancy, some people's belly buttons never pop out at all. You can become dialted early and not go into labor for awhile. I was dilated to 2 at 7mths and stayed there till the day I delivered. There is no sure way of knowing.
    rosie2484

Answer by rosie2484 at 11:26 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• My belly button never popped out during either pregnancy. I don't think it has anything to do with the baby being ready, it's just how your body is....
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 11:28 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• mine never popped out, except one day when i ate a lot of food.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 11:37 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I'm eight months (32.5 weeks) and mine hasn't poked out. I had a severe innie before I got pregnant, though, and I can see my belly button for the first time EVER in my life :D It's so awesome, I never knew what it looked like lmao. I'm not sure if mine will pop out. My mom has an innie too, and she said hers just got really flat when she was pregnant.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:41 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Mine never did with my first, and with my second, it kind of poked out about 4-5months along...strange, huh?
    CNLueck

Answer by CNLueck at 11:44 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I'm 39-1/2 weeks and mine only sticks out when my baby pushes it with his feet. It kinda hurts so i'm absolutely fine if he doesn't do it... (when it pokes out it looks like a pig snout...lol)
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 12:01 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• My belly button never popped out at all.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 12:11 PM on Oct. 30, 2008