what are your thoughts on TV time for your kids?

2kidsandtired

Asked by 2kidsandtired at 1:38 AM on Oct. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• We don't have TV time for our kids. They are perfectly content to live without it.
    MyGiftsFromGod

Answer by MyGiftsFromGod at 1:49 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• we let her watch tv .. but we think she is watching too much the older she gets... she doesn't want to do anything else... and some of the channels are really frustrating cause they show toy commercials every five minutes and she ends up wanting everything.. thats why I love love love Nick Jr.!
    Bribry

Answer by Bribry at 1:50 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• My thoughts are the less TV children watch, the better. It's okay every now and then and can really help when you've GOT to do something to occupy the kids for a little while, but I try to keep TV out of their lives as much as possible. In fact, I was just reading an article before I got on cafemom this morning in relation to this very subject:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/10/27/exercise-doesnt-make-up-for-kids-screen-time.aspx

vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:22 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• my kids watch tv in the mornings before school, but when they get home its time to play outside and have creative play. i went years without having any tv and it was wonderful. im still not sure why we have it now though lol
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 9:58 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• My kids watch TV. I don't limit the time, we limit what they are allowed to watch.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 10:14 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• For the most part, I tend to limit tv time to a few times a day. They usually have tv time for a little bit in the morning, around nap/rest time, and before bed. Of course there are days when they watch more and days when they watch less.
    MomToLilAngel

Answer by MomToLilAngel at 10:34 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• As little as possible. I try to only let them watch movies with the family as a treat. They do not care about TV, they would rather play or do a craft.
    jshimmy

Answer by jshimmy at 11:35 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• We watch more than we should. That is my fault. I need to determine how much they should watch and stick with it. There's plenty of other things to do.

I didn't watch this much as a kid, but then again...back then we could be gone, out of our parent's eyesight, for hours at a time.
    DivaDynamite

Answer by DivaDynamite at 12:13 PM on Oct. 27, 2010