I have a daughter who just recently turned 1 her doc took her off formula but i kept her on it cause she doesn't eat real food what do i do ?

Keri_Davis

Asked by Keri_Davis at 1:39 AM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Food & Drink

• What does your daughter eat? No solids at all? Or still pureed solids? There is definitely nothing wrong with giving formula longer, it still has ample nutrition, though I would use one for toddlers to make sure as many nutritional needs are met as possible. It is definitely time for her to be eating normal foods with the rest of the fafmily, though.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:42 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• At 1 years old she needs to be eating solids or at least baby food. She is not getting enough nutrition from the formula alone anymore. You need to work on feeding her actual food. Fruits, veggies, meats, etc. Then just start substituting a meal for a bottle.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:42 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• She needs to transition to solids. What has been holding you back from doing so?
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:51 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• My husband makes cakes with veggies in it. You puree the vegetables, and use them in place of the water for the cake. He usually does spice or chocolate. He uses spinachor mixed veg. Everyone loves it. even some who hated vegetables. If you want the recipe, let me know. One thing is for sure. If the Dr. took her off the formula, I'd trust him and get on-line to talk to a Peds Nutritionist who can give you some choices or ideas what to give her so you're not pulling your hair out and upsetting your daughter too.

Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 6:17 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Just mash whatever foods you eat. Toddler love avocado, baked sweet potato, tofu cubes, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:39 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• when my son turned 1 the doc told me to start giving him whole milk instead of formula and at first he wouldnt drink it but i added a little strawberry syrup or chocolate syrup to it and he has no problem drinking it now , hes 14 months but once he was able to eat foods I would feed him soft foods like applesauce, macaroni and cheese, eggs, oatmeal just foods where he wouldnt have to chew a lot or if your daughter really wont eat you can give her pediasure just so she maintains her weight and you can ask the doctor that
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 7:54 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• you need to start her on solids. maybe she just doesnt like whole milk. give her yogarts,cheese, cut up small piecesand vegetables she needs the vitimins and nutiturients
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 1:34 PM on Oct. 27, 2010