Does anyone else's baby LOVE their crib?

i have 3 kids, a 3yr old whom has co-slept with me up until now.(she sleeps by herself now) and 2 month old twins. my son co-sleeps with me and will have nothing to do with his crib..however my dd LOOOVES her crib. she wont sleep in my bed, she fusses until she's in her crib..lol

mywonderyears

Asked by mywonderyears at 2:18 AM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 21 month old when I tell her to go to bed she goes foe are bed,I will tell her no your bed she will wimmper but she goes.i will read to then she is ok.When she was a baby she had to be in her crib,its funny how it changes.
    bucky77

Answer by bucky77 at 2:49 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• All 5 of my kids have loved their cribs, but I made it a positive experience for them. Of course, they never knew any different which I think helped.

Answer by missanc at 7:41 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Yes, my daughter who is now 7 did. I tried co-sleeping with her to make breastfeeding and bonding easier, but she did not sleep well. It took me a couple of months to give up and put her in her crib. When I finally did, I realized that it was much better for her--she slept very soundly once she was in her own room in her crib! Also, she would NEVER fall asleep while cuddling or nursing in my arms like my first daughter did--she'd nurse, and then fuss til I put her in her crib. To this day, she still enjoys her "alone" time in her room and I know I need to give her her space!
    It's funny, my mom said I was the exact same way when I was little. Except my mom thought there was something wrong with me because of it, whereas I understand with my daughter that it's just her nature.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:19 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• My son is 16 months today. He has never liked sleeping anywhere but his crib. He slept in his bassinet from birth to 6 weeks next to our bed and them moved to his crib in his room. He has always loved it. The only places hell really sleep are in his crib or in the car. When hes tired he will drag you to his room to go to sleep. We have never had a problem getting him to go to bed. If i try and bring him into my bed he just plays. Or roots around whining cause its not his crib. We went to vegas when he was 11 months old and in the hotel we were just going to have him sleep with us cause the crib was 20 bucks a night to rent. That didnt fly. We ended up renting the crib after 3 hours of trying to get him to go to sleep..lol..I dont like people touching me when i sleep and prefer my own bed. So does he :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:54 PM on Oct. 27, 2010