Allergic to everything?? some thing else??

I have a 2 1/2 year old that is allergic to just about everything that grows out of the ground. Fruit, vegetables, grass, trees, plants. She hasn't played outside in over a year because her allergies are so bad.

Has any one ever heard of a disease or disorder that causes severe allergies??

It is so weird that she is allergic to these things but not milk, peanuts, or soy. but is allergic to every other nut and all fruits and vegetables....

help me

JerzisMommy

Asked by JerzisMommy at 3:11 AM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Kids' Health

• What does her ped say? Has she been tested?
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 9:54 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• shes only been tested for allergies and they wont test her for anything else
    JerzisMommy

Comment by JerzisMommy (original poster) at 6:06 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I believe allergies and asthma are extremely hard to test and diagnose in young children. I may be wrong about this though. I would ask her ped for a referral to see a specialist. If nothing else, for information on your situation. If I remember correctly, some children grow out of certain allergies, but again I am not a specialist. I would think if your ped couldn't help you any further, a specialist would.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 11:35 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• we are seeing an allegist. who is a specialist. i wouldnt be asking on here if i hadnt gone as far as i could dr wise. she has had 210 scratch tests done on her back and had a reaction to every one of them. it was not difficult to diagnose that she is allergic to everything. she most likely will not grow out of these as she just became allergic to all these things in the last 9months and not from birth. a year ago she could eat any thing she wanted. now.... well she can have meat and spaghettios. I appreciate your guys respomses. hopefully some one will come across my question and be able to give me an idea of something that could have caused all of this
    JerzisMommy

Comment by JerzisMommy (original poster) at 12:30 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• It almost sounds as if her immune system has been attacked or compromised in some way, causing her to now be sensitive to most everything. What kind of reaction does she have if she eats something she's not supposed to?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:02 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• hives and her throat closes up..... if she is outside she gets hives is itchy cracky and her eyes get swollen
    JerzisMommy

Comment by JerzisMommy (original poster) at 10:47 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• My son had many allergies and intolerances when he was younger; both food and environmental. Things have improved drastically has he's gotten older. I know of allergic disorders that are linked to multiple and severe food allergies, but nothing that would cause both food and environmental. Good luck and I hope things improve for your little one.
    mom2ljh

Answer by mom2ljh at 11:19 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I don't know. :( I'm sorry though and hope she grows out of this or that it gets better.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 2:03 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Oh, that sounds just terrible. I am sorry, I have no help for you, just wanted to give you some ((hugs))
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 3:45 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• What does her doctor say about this? Is is something that she could outgrow or will she always be that way? I am so sorry that has to be hard on both of you!
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 6:59 PM on Oct. 31, 2010