I get really bad headaches

For some reason i have been getting these really bad headaches. I try to get lots of rest but i still can get rid of it. Is there any kind of home remedy that is out there that i can use?

monicapowel

Asked by monicapowel at 3:18 AM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Health

• sometimes too much rest can make a headache worse i get headaches a lot and sometimes bad migrains but i take some tylenol or something like that and get a bowl of hot water and keep applying a hot alternately to my forhead and the back of my neck also massaging the temples hope this helps
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 3:26 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Thanks i will try that
    monicapowel

Comment by monicapowel (original poster) at 3:34 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• It can also be food allergies, I used to get horrible migraines if I ate certain foods but until they tested me I had no ideas certain foods trigger migraines: red wine, grape juice, chocolate, sharp cheeses. You might get checked for that. You can use Execederin migraine, works really well for an OTC drug. If that doesn't cut it, see your dr. They have a lot of new stuff on the market now that works without narcotics. Tamadol is really effective. Have you tried laying down in a dark room and making everyone be really quite?
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 3:45 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• yea i have tryed laying in a dark quite room but it just seems like i am there forever and the headache never goes away
    monicapowel

Comment by monicapowel (original poster) at 3:51 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• This is going to sound crazy, but, potatoes. Slice a raw potatoe and lay the slices on a towel that is folded, have someone help you get it around your head and we usually pin it in place. Just lie in a dark, quiet room with that on. Sounds crazy, but my family has been doing this for generations, then I saw it in a home remedies book. Hope you feel better soon.
    tracy0812

Answer by tracy0812 at 5:58 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Drink lots of water. I get horrible headaches also have been for 30 years. Could be food allergies could be smoke related. i know when my ex stopped smoking in the house I didn't have them as much. I also can't be around any perfumes or strong smells thus I only use All Free & Clear and very few scented candles. There's a lot to try. Good Luck Hope they get better soon. Experiment and resting sometimes is too much
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:29 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• My friend gets migraines and she said that drinking gatorade sometimes helps. When I get headaches I take excedrin and then soak in a very warm bath and if I still have it after that then I try sleeping in a cool, dark room.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:07 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• you could have migraines go seeyour dr. they can prescribe medicine for them. try elimateing certain foods in your diet like chocolate. ihave migraines i cant eat chocolate and cheeses they are certain processed foods i cant eat. but you really need to see your dr for help. good luck
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 12:03 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I get really bad migraines and have several "tricks" that I rotate through until something helps. Excedrin migraine is good, but I atually found that Sudafed sinus headache can work better and drinking a diet coke. Also ice packs, Mentholatum under the nose, or a hot shower. There are also studies that show that masturbation can help.
    dinosmu

Answer by dinosmu at 5:19 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• thanks yall have been so helpful!
    monicapowel

Comment by monicapowel (original poster) at 5:55 PM on Oct. 27, 2010