Where can I find unconventional movies/books for my kiddo?

I would like to avoid negative role models and messeges being sent to my daughter through books/ movies such as princess needs prince, tinkerbell with her huge rack and tiny dress, kinda stuff like all movies have. Anyone know of a website or something that sells specific things that are more gender egual I guess?

JunebugsMomma8

Asked by JunebugsMomma8 at 3:33 AM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Entertainment

• You would love Veggie Tales. It VERY child friendly and my son (2yr) loves it. Lots of singing, great music, great message. Can't beat it. Also, The Wonder Pets and Backyardagains is very gender neutral and interesting. How old is your daughter though?
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 3:41 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• shes only 4 months. Tryin to get a head start. lol
    JunebugsMomma8

Comment by JunebugsMomma8 (original poster) at 3:44 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Haha! Well I'm sure she'd still love the music from the shows I mentioned previously. We also own some Leap Frog videos but the ones we have would definitely be too old for her. My son likes the Letter Factor and the Word Factory ones. If I think of any more I'll post them on here.
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 3:52 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I buy a lot of things that are from foreign countries for diversity. Plus it helps teach that no matter what you look like, you're still beautiful.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 4:14 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• "Spirited Away" and "Homeward Bound" are two of my favorites!
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 4:32 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Try Borders website.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:59 AM on Oct. 27, 2010