When I go to my family's house or my family come to my house my son do not pay attention to my words when he is at home with me and his father he is ok but i don not know how can i manage his behaivior infront of the others ?

Nedy120

Asked by Nedy120 at 3:34 AM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Kids' Health

• kids always show their ass in front of other people, and from my experience, if you try to discipline him in front of your family, they are just going to tell you to leave him alone and stop being mean. I just gave up bc I was sick of being the bad guy in front of everyone. GL to you, hopefully your family isnt as insane as mine!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 5:56 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• That's hard my son is doing the same thing and it JUST happened as i was getting ready to write this as well my dad looked at me odd but hey i have to be a parent and discpline him no matter what anyone thinks
    acastle2

Answer by acastle2 at 10:21 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• My dd is doing it to,but I don't care what her grandparents say I will discipline her.And they no that,so they gave up on saying anything. LOL just stick to your guns.
    bucky77

Answer by bucky77 at 3:50 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• tell him when you are out and he doesnt listen and do what he is told - you go home... you will only have to do it once or twice in my experience. dont let the family correct your parenting style in front of him. just stand up to them - say he's your child and your problem and butt out~ good luck. i have dealt with that - not fun but you can beat that one.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:44 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• He is trying to get attention the wrong way. When my children were young and didn't manage to act properly in certain situations, I simply told them that they could just miss out on it. I had to do this with my daughter one time. Not only did she miss out on something but so did I. We both sat at home while everyone else went to the family gathering and we did nothing. Then when everyone returned she was sad that she had missed the fun. It was a hard lesson learned and we only had to do this once. She realized what she had missed and it was better than sitting home doing absolutely nothing with mom and mom had to miss it too.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 11:32 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Being consistent is the key. Use the same rules and the same punishments as you do at home.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 3:44 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I always took my son out of the area of the other people and would have a chat with him. I find that family or friends will tell them not to listen to me, that they were fine just as they were. I hate that.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 6:58 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• i would chat with him about it... obviously it's something he's doing on purpose.
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:33 PM on Oct. 31, 2010