Halloween?

Ok last night my hubby told me not to let my cat outside and I told him why and he told me because now that Halloween is getting closer people are starting to kill black cats....My cat is black and he even said that they use the cat to torture it n take everything out n to use the blood to do witchcraft....Is this true? I was looking for information abt it and it says that black cats are the devil...but I want some information from ya to see what ya think...

Espinosa

Asked by Espinosa at 4:21 AM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Pets

• I really hope you don't take offense to this:

I personally think it's idiotic to let your cat roam outside freely anyway. There are a lot of crazy people in the world, and some just get simple pleasures out of killing cats. You don't know what's lying around in your neighbors back yard. Who knows, it could be anti-freeze or something else poisonous.

I wouldn't just be concerned about it this time of year, but all the time.

We had a neighbor in my Moms neighborhood that seriously killed something like 30-35 cats. She would leave anti-freeze out for them, and they'd die. We started to get really suspicious when we'd found out about 10 were missing. Unfortunately people didn't listen and numerous more continued to die. How do we know? One person in particular took their dead cat to the vet and it was tested. And yes, during this time my 14 year old cat was killed.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 4:26 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Oh wow I didnt know that at all...the cat I have is the one that was always at my door step...I took care of it since my neighbor's dog attacked it and that cat haves baby kittens so for me they are my cats since no-one clamed it...I only take the cat out so it can have some fresh air put then I put it back inside the house...Sorry to hear that your 14 year old cat was killed...and thanks for your advice....
    Espinosa

Comment by Espinosa (original poster) at 5:02 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• At Halloween people do alot of crazy things and I believe to keep your cat safe I would keep him inside at least for Halloween. You don't want someone using your cat for a witchcraft experiment!
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 10:18 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• i dont aout all that but you do need to keep your car inside. i know witches used black cats as familars remember seeing pictures with witches and cats on their brooms
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 12:19 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Keep your feline inside.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 5:19 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• This has nothing to do with witches or anything else. However there are weird people and teenagers who steal black cats on Halloween. A friend of mine had it happen. Best to keep the cat safe indoors until Halloween is over.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 5:26 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Our cat is always indoors. He never goes out.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 6:02 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• ive never heard this but ppl can be crazy at times so who knows
    san78

Answer by san78 at 1:00 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I agree that cats should be kept inside ALL year arond; not just on Halloween. There are waaaaay too many dangers for a cat (or dog, for that matter) to stay outside all the time. Cats can be leash trained just like dogs. If you want your cat to spend time outside, leash train him/her and take him/her out a few times per day.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 2:57 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I live on a farm now, but once had a neighbor that killed my dog with anti-freeze.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 8:11 PM on Oct. 31, 2010