My child has a problem with spitting on his friends?

How do I get him to stop?

costa678

Asked by costa678 at 11:23 AM on Oct. 30, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Seriously? Tell him to stop, if he won't you have bigger problems then that ahead.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:26 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• well i would try time out or smack his mouth with your hand ...that is nasty...how would he like to be spit on?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Eww, that is gross! Well, if it were my son I would tell him how nasty that is and that if he can't play nicely with his friends he will not be able to play with them at all. When he did it I would take him home or put him on a bench what ever just to separate him from the group. If it is a school issue as well, I would make sure the teachers are on the same page. If ALL else failed I would try putting white vinegar in his mouth when he spits, It won't hurt him but it would give a some what lasting reminder not to spit any more. I personally would not strike my child in the face, a swift pop on the butt yes but not the face not even gently.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:33 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• 1. Tell him to stop. Spitting is disrespectful and truly unacceptable.
    2. There is no number 2. He needs to stop now. Not only could he be suspended from school, he is likely to get his behind whipped.
    lilmami81

Answer by lilmami81 at 12:52 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Its kids like that, that I would love to get my hands on!
    Anonymous

• Answered at 2:16 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 by: Anonymous
    Well if you don't stop him, his friends are going to get fed up and beat the snot out of him. That is disgusting!! I'd light his rear end up the next time he does it. If some kid was spitting on my kids, he'd have me to deal with and so would his parents

Im in totla agreement. Stop it b4 it gets worse. thats your child so be scared to spank his behind. Thats a nasty habit that should not be tolerated
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 12:02 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• OH I TOOK CARE OF THIS SITUATION FAST AND NO SPITTING SINCE SO FAR A WEEK NOW.

HOW ABOUT SOAP IN THE MOUTH LIKE MY GRANDMA DID TO ME.

HE DID NOT LIKE THAT OR BEING GROUNDED.
    costa678

Answer by costa678 at 11:11 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Just so you know in my state it is considered chld abuse to wash out your childs mouth with soap. (Not that I agree with that I had my mouth washed out plenty) I do like the idea of veinager though! I would check out where your state stands on that becasue if your son tells his teacher and it is illegal you may be in trouble...
    Anonymous