Why is she being a fair weather friend?Advice please.

Every year the family takes a vacation to Florida. We meet up with one of my son's school friend from years ago. This has been going on for about 5 years. Lately I have noticed when we come back up North she blows me off. The internet goes off in her hill billy area where she lives, phone service does not work, her husabnd has the phone and did not tell her about my texts. The only time she was nice was on fb. I told her I needed time off fb and she asked me if somene was bugging me on there. I said no.So guess what here we go again. She needs me only if she needs something she can not find down south. We invite her to stop by while she was visitng her sick dad and no show at all even though she said she would stop by. The crazy thing is that she has been doing this for years and my mom was like don't you remember she acts like that with you all the time. You can not get the whole family off our backs when we go down . Advice?

mamacita69930

Asked by mamacita69930 at 5:17 AM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• Talk to her about it....it may be just how she relates to you....she may have some social anxiety issues....or it could be that she just relates to people differently than you do, and doesn't realize she is offending you...if she has always been this way, I would imagine it's just the way she is...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:57 AM on Oct. 27, 2010