I'm exhausted...

I am a mother of 2 beautiful babies. A girl who is 15 months and a boy who is almost 2 months. I keep the house clean, the babies fed and changed, and dinner is always on the table when my husband gets home. He works a 12 hour job. He works 3 days and then gets 3 days off and then works 4 days and gets 4 days off. Here is my problem, he never wants to help me. He come hom and dumps his clothes on the foor to get into something comfy, and we do have a laundry basket. It wont get picked up until I do it. I ask him to get the kids if they are crying and he says I'm tired, why didnt you get them before I came home. He bitches about it before he gets them. I'm exhausted to the point where I dont enjoy my kids. Ive told him about this, and we have started going to therapy. I just feel like, since having another baby was a mutual decision, shouldn't he get them once in a while without me asking. When do I get a break??

Becca1189

Asked by Becca1189 at 5:41 AM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• That would irritate me too! I despise when my husband leaves his clothes, socks, shoes whatever laying in the middle of the living room or on the kitchen counter. I'm like, "didn't you see that I cleaned that and now you're leaving your dirty crap everywhere! who made me your mother???" As far as the kids go- they're HIS kids TOO! You need to take the car keys and go do something. Go to the gym or join some sort of group and let him have some of the responsibility every now and then. He works, you work (sahm is working). You watch the kids, he watches the kids. That's the way it should be.
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 5:54 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• He's the father and husband of the household. He has 50% responsibility in EVERYTHING that has to be done or goes on in that household. Only a portion is him working 12 hour shifts. He has three/four days off every week, so there isn't any reason why he can't pick up some slack for you. Give you a day off. If he didn't want the responsibility of children and housework, then he shouldn't have become an adult, had children, or have gotten married. He made this life for himself by CHOICE not force, so if he cannot pick up his end of the bargin (That HE made) then he doesn't need to be there.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:40 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• If he's tired, why bother him and start an arguement? Let him get a little rest and then ask him to get the kids. As far as his clothes, he needs to pick up his own clothes. He has two hands to do that...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 12:35 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I will say.. Sence you know this about him. Do not have any more kids.
    Or when he gets home one day from work. Grab your purse and keys and say bye will be back later. Don't come back for 3 or 4 hours.

Answer by louise2 at 5:48 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• He needs to take some responsibility for you his children and give you a break..or less you will get sick and have to take a forced break.Which would be much longer!
    I agree with Jazz. He needs to make a change, he's not being a loving husband.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 8:55 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• my heart feels for you, while i only have one daughter, my sister has 3 (2.5yr old, 18mth old, 5mth old) and her husband works all the time and does the same as yours- never helps with cleaning (although he expects the house clean) and feels she is "better" with the kids, so she should do more. finally to get a break, she decided that once a week, on his day off, she was going to ask to go out for at least two hrs- well more like tell him she's going out...sometimes it's with friends, and sometimes she just sits at starbucks- but those couple of hours are heaven for her and helps recharge her. hopefully that's a possibility, although i know it's not much. good luck!
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 4:09 PM on Oct. 27, 2010