Promise for our Nation...Do you trust God to protect our country?

Proverbs 28:2
When the country is in chaos, everybody has a plan to fix it—but it takes a leader of real understanding to straighten things out. (THE MESSAGE)

When there is moral rot within a nation, its government topples easily. But wise and knowledgeable leaders bring stability. (NLT)

SarahOlivia

Asked by SarahOlivia at 11:26 AM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• My only faith lies in God. 

I pray for our nation and where we are headed.  It would be most scary...without faith!

MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 11:31 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Where in any of that scripture does it say "Don't vote for Obama?" It says that we need a leader of great understanding and wise, knowledgeable leaders bring stability...

BTW, akinbottom, I am an Obama supporter and I am also an integral part of my church..I never ask for a handout and I tithe...so, you comment doesn't concern me.
    MommyRust

Answer by MommyRust at 11:34 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• We cannot rely solely on the government to "save" our nation. You have to just look in yourself. Are you greedy, b/c alot of you ppl gripping about taxes seem to me to be really greedy. "it's my money i earned it" crap. I give to others, and pay taxes without gripping unless they are using it for something i dont like, the war for one
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• No. I don't believe in any god. I'm content that the candidate I'm choosing, should he win, will help bring about peace.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 12:11 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I was taught that God helps those who help themselves. Meaning that if we sit on our butts, doing nothing, expecting God to magically save us/protect us/provide for us then we are in serious trouble.
    I was taught that we have free will and that God does not interfer with us. He doesn't decide ahead of time who will win an election, he doesn't decide ahead of time who will lose their job, he doesn't decide ahead of time which people will turn into killers. We have free will - and thus the ability and freedom to screw things up as much as we want.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:25 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• And Anonymous at 8:58...
    "I give to others, and pay taxes without gripping unless they are using it for something i dont like"

That's what the people gripping "it's my money i earned it" are doing to. We too give to others, we too care and want to help people in need. But we are tired of the waste and fraud that wastes so much of that money. Just becuase you are willing to work hard to support that waste doesn't mean we can't gripe is we don't like doing it too.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:30 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I understand the OP... it talks of moral rot in a nation... under Obama I do not see the morality of this nation getting better but I believe it will get worse. He is pro-abortion (and I know he says he is against partial birth abortion but that wasn't until he decided to run for president), he will nominate liberal supreme court justices, etc. Yes, I do trust God to protect our country, however we have to want God in our country for Him to protect it. The bible says "Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord." We took prayer out, we took bible reading out, we kill millions of babies every year, states are beginning to allow homosexual marriages (which the bible calls an abomination).. etc... I pray for this nation because eventually we will have to answer for the atrocities of the millions of murders of innocent babies.
    Anonymous

• I am so dead set against socialism. I feel that socialism destroys any ambition to more forward, as an individual and as a nation. I appreciate the enterprising mindset, and just not meaning only business, but having the freedom to evaluate to the detail.

I am very angered at those who jump at the "me first" campaigne without giving any consideration to the long run consequences. To give a broader picture, think about France. France gave free medical to everyone and anyone. Now there is a reimbursement program that only benefits those who can initially afford the payments (or have cut benefits). Article If this is not a warning, then what is?
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 3:01 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• To the question about God protecting us. Speaking in terms of a believer (I am not), God cannot overpower the will of man. We are ultimately masters of our own demise.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 3:49 PM on Oct. 30, 2008