What is the best pain medicine for after a c section?

lovebunny82709

Asked by lovebunny82709 at 6:57 AM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I got ibuprofen and percocet....that seemed to help alot.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 7:30 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• The only thing I could take was dilaudid (sp?) and it worked very well, but drs generally don't like to give it out. I am allergic to most of the pain meds they generally give and can't have the others due to kidney damage.

Answer by missanc at 7:37 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• they gave me morphin right after. then they gave loratabs i think. i only took them the first two days. i wasn't in much pain. but thats me i have a high pain tolerancy.
    locabrat83

Answer by locabrat83 at 7:41 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• i was given ibuprofen 800 and percocet 5/325. both worked wonders for me. and i knew when i no longer needed the percocet because i would start to feel "high" after taking it, which meant i wasnt in enough pain to take something that strong. when i was in a lot of pain though, the percocet was wonderful!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:06 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I was given percocet and mepergan (not sure of sp.). I honestly did not take but a few of either one though. After like my 3rd day out, I didn't use anything at all.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 8:10 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Oh yeah - I had morphine while I was in the hospital.

Answer by missanc at 10:05 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• All I took when I went home was Tylenol 3, I think it has codine in it. I only took that for a week I think and then just extra strength tylenol. I'm always nervous about getting nauseous with medicine, so I like to avoid it if possible.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 11:21 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Um... None here that I know of, I had pain medication for the gas buildup but not for the c-section.
    Mama2BabyTaurus

Answer by Mama2BabyTaurus at 8:17 PM on Oct. 27, 2010