Did you cry when you were in the o.r. having your c section?

I cried like a baby I was so scared and iIwas even shaking i thought I was going to die plus it brought back memories of when I had my son. I was even crying throughout the day yesterday.

lovebunny82709

Asked by lovebunny82709 at 7:02 AM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• YES, It's nerves and all the stress and everything going on around you. It's a lil much to take all that in.
    Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 7:09 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I cried when I found out I was going to have a C section. I was telling nurse I need something to calm my nerves before I had a heartattack. My angel anestisiologist gave me something and I was fine. I remember asking my ob to promise me I wont feel the pain and hes like I cant promise that you need to tell the anestisiologist. I felt nothing and didnt feel anything until 3 days later. When my husband cut my medical bracelets off I only knew because I saw him knip my skin. Having a local and the epidulural was the best combo and morphine afterwards.
    nessy1980

Answer by nessy1980 at 7:26 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Yes. The doctors told me i was shaking and cold as much as i was because of hormones. Then when they delivered him I cried, I felt like I had such an overwhemling amount of emotion....they said again that it was all the hormones. after the baby was born they gave me something in my iv and I felt much better. but I was shaking like a leaf the whole time before that.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 7:30 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• omg yes i boo wooed both times it wasnt bc i was scared it was bc i wanted to have mine naturally but if i did i would have died so then they wouldnt had a mother so then i was happy but i still cried bc God chose me to give birth to these two beautiful boys that i love so much
    javsgirl24

Answer by javsgirl24 at 7:33 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• aww, im sorry you were so scared! im glad it's over now and everything is okay!

but anyways no, i did not cry but i rarely cry for some reason. however i was absolutely terrified and i did make that known with my 3rd baby (2nd csection). my first c-section (2nd baby) was a total nightmare and i almost did die. my bp dropped to 80/30 and i felt life slipping from me as blood poured out of me on the table. plus my epi had worn off and i felt everything. so when it came time to deliver my 3rd, all i could relate to was the experience from my 2nd. i was so nervous my heartrate was in the 120's-130's. i asked several times "what are you doing now? have you gotten to the baby yet? are you almost done? why do i feel dizzy? why do i feel sick? why cant i breathe? why is there pressure?" LOL i was sooo scared! and when i heard her cry, THAT'S when the tears came. i was relieved and thankful.

congratulations! =)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:03 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I cried for the first one, but not the 2nd and 3rd. I guess because the first one went well and I knew what to expect.
    I always cry the first time I am alone with the new baby.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 8:24 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• No I didn't. I knew I was in good hands.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:18 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• No, but I was shaking uncontrollably. I couldn't stop. My husband was freaking out about it. The nurse said it happens to most people.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 11:19 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I was too tired to cry. I had been in labor 37 hours and not slept. When the gave me the meds in my iv for the c section, i was loopy. lol. I fell asleep as there were doing it. Woke up cause i heard the nurse say hi big boy and him let out a cry. Watched them carry him to the table and say he was ok, fell back asleep until the nurse brought him to me so i could see him for a second. Fell back asleep for a long time until they wheeled me into the recovery room where i saw my DH rocking him. Then i was awake cause i could finally hold and touch him. I couldnt in the OR. And i also shook uncontrollably from the meds, so i think (if i remember correctly), they gave me something to stop the shaking and nerves and thats what made me loopy.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:14 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I cried when I seen her and I gave her a kiss, but other than that no I did not cry.
    Mama2BabyTaurus

Answer by Mama2BabyTaurus at 8:16 PM on Oct. 27, 2010