15 weeks pregnant, having discharge

This could be TMI. First off, I'm 15 wks pregnant. Tues. evening I had some brown discharge. I went to bed early and stayed there until morning, fearful it was the start of a MC. In the morning it had slowed almost to nothing. I called the Doc that morning and was told with no pain that brown discharge is normal. She told me just to take it easy for the day and keep an eye on things. Through the day I was fine, no discharge and totally back to normal. Now, I just went to the bathroom and had a fair amount of discharge again!! I'm freaking out. I've put a call into te nurse and am waiting or a call back. Have any of you experienced this? If so, what is it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I had a friend who had bloody discharge and she was rushed to the emergency room and placed on bed rest. I would say, listen to your doctors, rest, take it easy, eat really healthy. Call your doctor / nurses - that's what they are there for, right? You are paying them to help you.
    CNLueck

Answer by CNLueck at 11:43 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I would go to the er thats not normal to have blood go and get checked to be safe my friend was bleeding like that and she had a MC good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• dude i've had bloody discharge al lthe way through my pregnancy.. and im 28 weeks and four days! i get it when im supposed to have my period.. take it easy, but if its not period type bleeding.. 2 pads full, then i was told not to worry
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 12:55 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Thanks for the info ladies!! The nurse called me back. I will be going in this afternoon after picking my kids up from school. She doesn't seem too concerned but thought it would be best to take a look anyhow. I am finding comfort in the fact that it's brown and not red, so hopefully the baby is safe and it is just some weird infection or something. ??? Thanks also to Sunshinebaby... it definitely hasn't been 2 pads full so I'm feeling some comfort with that too. I'll post again once I know more. =)

Anonymous

• well, I just got back from the doc and everything is OK. The brown spotting, although very gross, is totally normal. They think it may have been caused by the pap I had two weeks ago. No infections and everything is looking good so far. =) Cervix is closed and baby heartbeat is strong. Thanks for listening.
    Anonymous