• In the Spotlight:

I cannot seem to get in the mood for sex anymore...

Our daughter is 1 y.o. My hubby and I (before baby) use to be like rabbits, and now I'm afraid we will never go back to those days. I can tell he's frustrated, but it doesn't bother me at all. When we do have sex, it's so quick and not the marathon runs we use to have...also, I'm not getting any pleasure out of sex anymore, which adds to the frustration. Help! (BTW: I'm only 25!)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• Could it be you're scared of getting pregnant again? Sometimes after having a baby, the woman tends to refrain from sex from fear of getting pregnant again. Plus, the added responsibility the child you have takes may make you too tired to be "in the mood".
    You may want to try to figure out why you don't have pleasure from sex anymore, then you can try to figure out what to do about it. If it's boredom from the same ole, same ole routine, then get out of the routine & do something off the wall different. If it's because of the child taking too much of your time, get a babysitter so you can be alone for a few hours or even overnight to concentrate on nothing but being romantically sexy with your hubby. You both need to compromise & try to work this out. But he may be more understanding if he knew WHY you don't want sex anymore.
    jon6pat

Answer by jon6pat at 12:11 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I think in every relationship there is a extreme slow down in sex. Me & my boyfriend have always had periods where we have sex once a day for a week, then it will slow down for a while. . And there could be a number of reasons why your libido and pleasure isn't up there. . You could be depressed or if your on any meds that can effect your desire for sex. Hope things look "up" for ya, heh!
    Babs310

Answer by Babs310 at 11:02 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Oh, also, I forgot to say. .

Sex isn't what makes the relationship, as long as you're both happy being together that is all that matters, sex is just a added bonus in relationships!
    Babs310

Answer by Babs310 at 11:03 PM on Jul. 3, 2008