i just need someone to talk to..

how did you cope with your miscarriage?

shan02

Asked by shan02 at 7:19 AM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I"m a nurse and I was working in Maternity/ L&D/ Postpartum. It was crazy hard. I had two miscarriages, one with twins at 13 weeks, the second a single at 8 weeks. I cried. I had difficulty going back to work. It was a long time ago, so I can remember a lot, but not everything. If you want to talk, by all means, add me as a friend. I'm available in the evening (at work right now...NOT in a hospital anymore!)
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:58 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I grieved....I wrote about it in a journal....I cried when I felt like it....I acknowledged that these were my children and I gave each of them a name (I miscarried twice)....everyone is different......there is no wrong way.....bless you....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 8:27 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• With both of mine I was less than 12 weeks so I didn't really get into the swing of being pregnant. I just went with the philosophy of 'oh well this has happened and can't be changed'. I just carried on with my life as though I hadn't even been pregnant. I obviously do occassionally wonder what gender they would have been but try not to think about it too often as I feel thankful that I have got 3 of each all fit and healthy.
    Creating78

Answer by Creating78 at 7:28 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I tried to take each day as it came, if I felt like crying, I cried. My best friend was my rock, she emailed me daily, called me often (from Germany), she listened as I talked, cried with me and even though she was in another country it felt like she was right here with me. If you want to talk please feel free to message me.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 7:33 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I talked to family, told myself theres nothing i could have done to prevent or change it, all things happen for a reason, adn that i would go on to have a child. And i do :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:09 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I had a really hard time... I was basically a zombie for a month- just slept and cried... My mom had to take my daughter because my crying really distressed her. (She was 3) It was worst because DF was out of the country wehn it happened so I felt so alone... Finally I just realized that the longer I continued slowly killing myself, the longer before we could try again. I saw that I had to worry about the child I had and not the one I lost... It was hard but I got through it. you will too... good luck mama
    BriHan06

Answer by BriHan06 at 3:05 PM on Oct. 27, 2010