how can i get my three year old son keep from deystroying the room i just cleaned up and pulling all his toys at once?

javsgirl24

Asked by javsgirl24 at 7:25 AM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would tell him that he can play with one toy at a time. When he is finished with it, he must put it away before getting out another. If he disobeyed my authority, I would spank his bare leg and repeat the reason he was being spanked. Your main focus should be in training him to respect you, obey you, and to honor your authority over him. These are key issues and will spill over into every area of his life. If you teach him these things now, your life and his will be a lot easier from now on.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:38 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I would have him help you clean up. I would also try and have him clean up one toy before he starts playing with another one. It is a lot of work and sometimes it is easier to do things yourself because it might take him along time. I think you need to teach him how to clean up and try not to get frustrated because he is still little.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:39 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• yeah i have tried that i have even acted like i was going to through them away nothing works idk what to do
    javsgirl24

Comment by javsgirl24 (original poster) at 7:41 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• thanks but i have done that too idk what else to do except i just take all of them away but then it wont be fair for my oldest one so idk
    javsgirl24

Comment by javsgirl24 (original poster) at 7:43 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Take the toys away and let him have 1 toy. Also, have HIM clean up the messes he makes...he is old enough.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:54 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• ok thanks to all i will try everything on here
    javsgirl24

Comment by javsgirl24 (original poster) at 7:56 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• He may be going for the negative attention if he is not getting enough positive attention and praise when he does things right. Make sure he is getting enough one on one time with you and your SO. Plus love and affection. GL!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:15 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I think at this age it is totally normal to pull all toys out...the trick is making sure he cleans up when he is done. Enforce that much. If he refuses, then I would put all toys in a big bag and tell him he can have them back one at a time until he can learn he must clean up after himself.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:28 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• i have organized all my kids toys into baskets and have put them in a tall bookshelf type cupbord with doors with a baby lock on it, so if they want to play with something i get it out for them, and before they play with something else they have to make sure everything is picked up. it seems like a lot of work but it sure beats haveing the big toy boxes dumped out all the time and the fight to clean it all up.
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 10:50 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• only have a few toys available at a time. Seems to me his biggest game is making the mess.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 7:04 PM on Oct. 27, 2010