Which would you do as punishment

DD had to do the dishes this morning. So she is gone at school now and I was looking at the "clean" dishes and they are still greasy and nasty.
So would you leave them there for her to redo them after school or would you redo them yourself and give her a different punishment ?

gulfcoastmom4

Asked by gulfcoastmom4 at 7:40 AM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I would leave them there. I do find that hard to know i have dirty dishes sitting there. Yet as soon as i learned to get over it, and stop doing it for them , They started doing them right. cause not only did they have their dirty dishes. Now they had ours from the day.
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 7:46 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• If you can leave them Thats what I would do. And when she protests later tell her she needs extra practice :p.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 7:46 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I would make her redo them. I would also show her how they are suppose to be done so she understands what you expect of her. If you give her a different punishment then she is not going to learn how to clean the dishes correctly and you will continue to have this problem.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:47 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• washing dishesIf the dishes were not done right, then I would leave them and have her do them again. I would tell her that the dishes had better be washed properly this time or she will keep re- washing them until they are cleaned to my satisfaction.

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 7:51 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Thats the thing, she does know how to do them she was just doing it half a## this morning. Thanks though I think I will leave them and make her redo them.
    gulfcoastmom4

Comment by gulfcoastmom4 (original poster) at 7:51 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• i agree i would make her re-do them also. i'd also tell her she can eat off of her own dirty plates if she doesn't want to clean them properly. that should do the trick! lol
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:59 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• She had her punishment as doing the dishes. She didn't do them properly, so giving her a different punishment is letting her off the hook. Therefore, she should serve her sentence until she decides to do them right.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:06 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Her punishment wasn't doing the dishes, that was just a chore that needed to be done.
    gulfcoastmom4

Comment by gulfcoastmom4 (original poster) at 8:07 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I would leave them and let her do them over. That's what my mom used to do to me and my brothers
    deltadawn1975

Answer by deltadawn1975 at 8:09 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Yes, she should redo them. Remind her how you want them done.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:10 AM on Oct. 27, 2010