Hoarding is now a big problem, what to do with all this cash? What do you recommend these companies do with stashed cash?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20101027/bs_nm/us_corporates_cash_moodys

jewjewbee

Asked by jewjewbee at 7:54 AM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Last time I checked, we were talking about PRIVATE PROPERTY !!

So, until we change our Constitution and decree that all property belongs to the State for the gov't to parcel out as it wishes, then NOBODY has any business condemning businesses for doing what will help them to survive with this rogue gov't. Since February of 2008, this gov't has violated contract law and sections of the Constitution in its oppression of private businesses.

SO WHAT if they are making a profit and are not donating their money to the cause of creating more jobs ?! That's WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO DO !!

We are NOT a socialist nation in which we all get our money from the gov't and must spend that money according to the gov't's requirements, so where exactly is there the tiniest justification for criticizing a business which is being financially prudent ?!

Concept: IT'S THEIR MONEY.
    Respect for private property is increasingly hard to find.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:07 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Gotta say, I don't blame them. I would probably be doing the same thing if I were them.

However, "we believe companies are looking for greater certainty about the economy and signs of a permanent increase in sales before they let go of their cash hoards, which they suffered so much to build," Moody's said in a report. "

Given low demand and capacity utilization within certain industries, companies are wary of investing their cash in new capacity and adding workers, thereby doing little to abbreviate the jobless recovery," it added.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:26 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• It's simple, really. Businesses don't know how recent legislation is going to effect their bottom line. I would be saving up too, because they could be hit pretty hard. I wouldn't be hiring more people if there was any possibility that I would have to either lay some off or cut positions a few months from now. It would cost more in unemployment than it's worth. No thanks. 

I don't have a problem with businesses making a profit.  That's what businesses are supposed to do.  That's why it is called business and not charity.  I do not have a right to reap the reward of someone else's risk.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:36 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I just don't get it. We are supposed to save and have something put back for a rainy day, but if we save and are prepared for a rainy day we are still screwed. That's nuts! Businesses that have money for the lean times won't EVER need a bailout...they will be able to weather the storms!

I am one of these evil hoarders...always have been. I haven't had to worry about laying people off or cutting wages yet...I have only made some slight changes in a few of my prices. I am weathering the storm. It is a GOOD thing!

There is no way I am going to go out on a limb with the current administration in power. Right now I am stuck wondering if I am going to see a huge jump in my taxes come Jan 1..then there is the mess that is in the HC law.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:48 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Yep I do not blame them either
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:45 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Well, unless they are hoarding bailout funds, no one really gets a say. If these companies grow when it's not wise, and then collapse, we will be in even worse shape.

But no, HIRE, HIRE NOW! The private corporations are to do what's best for the little guy even if it collapses their business, and then, people will be mad they collapsed. *sigh.

The answer, of course, is to write some legislation that gives companies incentives to hire in the US.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:57 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Oh, and to give fair representation, what else was in the bill the dems wanted to pass that you say Republicans blocked?

I'm going to go ahead and guess that it wasn't all about the tax holiday.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:16 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• You don't blame them? Well maybe you should. They are profiting by not using their money in America. While their revenue only went up 6% their profits soared over 49%. Are they magicians, or have they found away to be very profitable by not investing and hiring in America. You honestly think if they extend the tax cuts for them in January, they will all of a sudden start investing and hiring n America. That is something they feed you as an excuse to keep getting away with this. Obama tried to put some rule into place for outsourcing, and the Republicans blocked it, because their friends the Corporations wouldn't like to stop the practice of only 6% revenue while 49% profits.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 9:06 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Your viewpoint on business is interesting mommom. How many businesses do you own and run and how many positions are you hiring currently? What is your tax liability?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:14 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Democrats also voted Nay on that bill. She won't tell you that unless you look it up or remember the post she made about it and was shown to be incorrect. An Independent voted Nay also. :D
    Anonymous