Does anyone have a good Chocolate pudding pie recipe?

Amlinich

Asked by Amlinich at 8:02 AM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Do you want one that is made from scratch or one that uses boxed pudding mix?
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:22 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• It doesn't matter really, but the easier the better :)

Amlinich

Comment by Amlinich (original poster) at 9:27 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I do, I do! Charlie Brown Pie. Make a graham cracker crust, or easier yet, buy one. I usually make my own and use a 9x13 pan. For a pie, I mix 2 small boxes chocolate pudding with 3 cups of milk and pour into the crust. When the pudding is set, top with about half a tub of Cool Whip. For a 9x13, I'll use 4 boxes pudding and 6 cups milk (or 3 boxes & 4.5 cups if I don't want it so full) and a whole tub of Cool Whip.

When I make my own crust, I mix peanut butter in - this is optional of course, but it tastes good. When I buy a crust, I'll warm a couple spoonfuls of pb til it's pourable and spread it over the bottom of the crust - just a thin layer.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 10:14 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• This is the best-and so easy. I have made this for years. Originally got it off of a can of evaporated milk.
    Chocolate Cream Pie
    9" pie crust, baked
    ¾ cup sugar
    5 Tbsp. cornstarch
    ½ tsp. salt
    1 2/3 cups evaporated milk
    1 1/3 cups water
    1-2oz. squares unsweetened chocolate, broken up
    1 Tablespoon. vanilla
    Mix sugar, cornstarch, and salt in large saucepan. Gradually stir in evaporated milk and water. Add chocolate. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture becomes very thick and chocolate is completely melted. Stir in vanilla. Pour into crust. Chill several hours or overnight. Top with whipped cream or Cool Whip.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:52 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• i just use jello pudding in the box and a ready made granham cracker pie crust
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 1:26 PM on Oct. 27, 2010