Which do you prefer, Homemade presents or store bought?

I prefer homemade. Even if it's not something I wanted or really like, it means a lot to me when someone thinks enough of me to spend time making something.

DereksBabyMomma

Asked by DereksBabyMomma at 8:36 AM on Oct. 27, 2010 in

• It depends. If someone knows what I like and can "make" something with my taste I prefer that otherwise store bought. Such as candles or cookies in a jar or blankets.
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 8:40 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Homemade. I like to think that someone actually took the time to make something rather than going to the nearest WallyWorld or wherever and picked someting up.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 8:41 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• It depends on who its from. I would prefer store bought from most people, and it should be something I need. I really don't like "stuff." I'll take and love anything homemade from my kids.
    jacksmom1225

Answer by jacksmom1225 at 8:43 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• i like both , some stored gifts are really really helpful and useful, but if i would vote i'll say 70% homemade presents ;)
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 8:50 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Homemade, both to give and receive.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 8:54 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Homemade! Last year my father's "ladyfriend" took window glass like you would use in a bathroom window, fused it together, stuffed Christmas lights in it, wrapped a ribbon around it and made little light up christmas presents. They are adorable. I think of the time and effort they put into it and it means so much more. Especially when they are gone from this earth.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:08 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I love homemade gifts that obviously had some thought & time put into them much more than store-bought gifts. A homemade gift isn't just chosen for you, but custom made just for you. I mean, how cool is that?
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:36 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Homemade all the way.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:39 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I love homemade gifts, and I've given so many of them. Now so many of the answers I've seen on this subject make me wonder how much of my time and effort I've wasted.

I'd much rather get a homemade gift...and even.....as the original poster said.....even if it's not my taste, or something I would pick, because it has something of that person in them.

This makes me a little sad, and I guess I'll rethink some of the gifts I give.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:52 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I prefer homemade, especially when someone takes the time to really think about what kinds of things I like to make it personal. I have a lot of quilts my mom has made over the years for me, in fact, we have one of her quilts on every bed in our home. That is incredibly special to me. My MIL crochets with thread and makes really pretty doilies, but those really aren't my style so one year she made me a bunch of snowflake Christmas ornaments and I love them.  My daughter is a very talented artist and she has made lots of art for our home.  I would so much rather be surronded by things made by people I love then by stuff from the store.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:52 AM on Oct. 27, 2010