Need advice from moms with 3 kids!

I have one 2nd grader, 1 preschooler and a 1 yr. old. I would love suggestions on how to organize my day. I feel overwhelmed with dishes, wash, crumbs, meals, house cleaning, school paperwork, no time for exercise or taking care of myself. How can I fit this all in, still spend time with my children and fit my husband in too. Is this possible? How do other moms balance their days.

Kirby_Mama

Asked by Kirby_Mama at 8:46 AM on Oct. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have 3 kids I had 2 that were only 1 yr apart and another that was 5 yrs younger..Wake up an hour before your kids do take a shower get your hair done..Next start making breakfast so when your kids wake up it will be ready if it's cereal pour it in a bowl and when they wake all you do is pour the milk..eat before they wake up. then while they are eating straighten the living room and start cleaning the kitchen so by the time it's time to dress them for school you're half done already with cleaning set clothes out the night before for school..once the kids are off to school .. by then it's almost time for lo's nap so you finish cleaning while he's asleep. Then you have the rest of the afternoon to relax or run errands. then when the kids get home wait 30 min. and start homework get it out of the way before it's time to start dinner..while cooking clean as you go then there's not so much to do when dinner is done with.
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 9:03 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• give baths and put the kiddos to bed. You have the rest of the evening to finish laundry or whatever and you can sit and watch the evening news..But the key is wake an hour before your kids get yourself taken care of before your kids wake up
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 9:04 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• let your kids do what you do when you do it.
    clean up the dinner table, all the kids with hands can help
    doing the laundry all the kids with hands can help
    they can clean their own rooms, and toddlers love to scrub toilets, it's fun for them!
    they can feed the pets, they can water plants, kids can do things
    no caffeine, no excess sugar, no video games, no television. You will be amazed at how cooperative they will be and how much time you will have.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:17 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I agree with chica, the key is to take care of you before they wake up.

Answer by older at 9:50 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• i agree with jewjewbee. my kids love to help clean and will even sometimes beg to do the dishes, (dont know why lol)
    i also get up before them, ill put on some music and make some coffee and do my hair.
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 9:50 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I have to get up early as well. I only have two, but they are home with me all day and hubby works 13 hours at night. I make sure we have a solid bedtime routine too. That helps. Once they are in bed that is it. I can get on with my night, finishing chores and from time to time take a bath.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 10:06 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Can your preschooler go to preschool for half day two days a week, to give you a break?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:22 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I have 3 children (14,12,4) and I am a WAHM (40hr/wk). What I do is I get up earlier than the kids I get showered/dressed and I plan out my day. I have found that having a routine helps-- especially since I now have to fit 8hrs of work into my day as well as the kids and housekeeping. I set aside certain chores for certain days-- like mondays and thursdays are laundry day, friday is grocery and errands day. I keep a loose schedule for my housework-- like dishes and cleaning the kitchen is done in the morning, the livingroom is done at night before the kids go to bed. My children are old enough to help- and they each have a few chores to do, and my hubs does help out with cooking supper or sometimes with household chores.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:41 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• we hve 4 and i am 7 mts preggo, and DH is army, and I take care of them on a strict schedual during the day and when DH gets home, we make dinner together, bathe them together, and put them to bed at 7 PM together, and then spend alone time from 7-10 when they are in bed. ROUTINE is key
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:02 PM on Oct. 27, 2010