I have a four year old and an almost three year old. They are both boys. The 2 year old seems to take up more of my time and I am in fear that my four year old may think its showing favoritism. I know he questions me sometimes and it breaks my heart. Has anyone been in the same situation??

ahataway

Asked by ahataway at 8:58 AM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Yes, been thereI have 3 boys, ages 19, 21 & 28. When they were younger there were many times I felt that way. I tried to make special time for each of the boys individually whenever possible. It wasn't always easy, but when hubby was home, he'd watch one or two, and I'd get one to myself. Sometimes just to walk on the beach, sometimes to have a meal together, or even go Christmas shopping or whatever. That two year old age is such a handful, but there will be times like that through out their childhoods. Believe it or not, there may even be times when the younger one gets less time than the older one!!

Good luck, momma sounds like you're aware of what's going on, and that's half of the struggle.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:32 AM on Oct. 27, 2010