Long term relationships

Can you still be sexually attracted to someone after being with them for so long? I see couples who have been together for decades and I wonder if they get tired of sleeping with the same person, over and over. I know some people really do love each other despite how many years they've been with each other, but I just wonder.

browneyes27

Asked by browneyes27 at 9:03 AM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• I've been married for 22 years and still find my husband sexually attractive.  I'm guessing it is because I'm still as much in love with him as I was when I married him.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:07 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• We've also been married 21 years, and if anything, I think our sex life has gotten better, and I'm more madly in love with my husband than when we got married. I'd never say that I love him "despite" all of the years together, but I love him more because of all of the years together. The struggles that we've been through, the good times, the family we've built, the history we have, have all given me a deeper love for him, and probably made him more sexually attractive to me. I can't imagine being with anyone else, and I'm certainly not bored with our sex life!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:12 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Been married 38 years hun, and the man still turns me on and also the other way around, ain't love grand!

Answer by older at 9:10 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I have been married almost 24 years and I am still very sexually attracted to my husband! We have a good sex life!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 9:12 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I think things get better as you get older.

gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:16 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Woops, we've been married 22 years....
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:13 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I recently saw an older couple at a restaurant and they looked bored out of their minds with each other. I know that many couples genuinely love each other and they make the marriage work regardless of the hardships that they go through, but I was curious to about how people keep the spark alive after so many years of being together. I know boredom can set in after so many years of sleeping with the same person.
    browneyes27

Comment by browneyes27 (original poster) at 9:19 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I always wondered after 10 years if you could still be attracted or want to have sex with your partner. This November me and my husband will be together 10 years. We are still in love like we were in the beginning and have sex 3-4 times a week. I'd say that it is very possible. We still enjoy sex, its never dull, and we are always discovering new things we like.
    momofangels5

Answer by momofangels5 at 10:14 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Even though we havent been together that long (4 1/2 years), I am still very attracted to my SO and I hope that I never loose my attraction to him.
    Its nice to hear about all the long term couples who still want their SO as bad as the day the met. I know my SO and I will be that way..
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 11:50 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• In my marriage, we still have the desire to be with one another. I still get butterflies when I see him and I loose my breath when he touches me. I can kiss him and feel him melt from my touch. We can let down our guards with one another and not just be lovers but friends as well. We keep the romance strong and growing & we've been together for 22 years and counting.
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 12:31 PM on Oct. 27, 2010