Plese tell me I'm not the only one...

...whose daughter decided to shave her pubic hair all off. And when I found out and confronted her, she said she thinks the hair is gross. And, get this, she hears that all the girls are doing it these days. Are any of you going through this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• She is right hair is gross!

Answer by older at 9:08 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• My daughters aren't to that age yet, so I haven't dealt with it personally, but it does seem like practically everyone is doing it now. I think it has a lot to do with the proliferation of porn and people seeing the "actresses" all clean shaven. It's quite trendy now. I suppose my biggest concern w/ my daughter doing it would be wondering if she is sexually active--have you spoken to her about her reasons more specifically than "it's gross"? I mean, where did she get the idea to do it if she's just a tween?
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:11 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Wait for it to grow back in - I hear it gets rather itchy! Maybe that'll stop her. Tell her thats the way she was made and male society with a preoccupation with prepubescent girls have made women think its normal to shave it all off. How do you not cut yourself while doing that?
    toastmama

Answer by toastmama at 9:15 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Well, I happen to agree with her. I keep certain parts trimmed and others completely shaven. To me it is gross, especially during that time of the month. I would find out why she did it and why she thinks it's gross. If she's doing it for herself and not someone else I wouldn't be too worried.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:20 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• If my daughter wanted to I wouldnt be upset there is so much peer pressure these days to be perfect and such maybe it builds her self confidence up .
    klombardo

Answer by klombardo at 10:31 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• i wouldnt be concerned, ive been shaving since i was a teanager, even before i was sexually active. it just feels cleaner to me,
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 10:38 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• yes,your not the only one honey...sick and tired of my dd here also she is so lazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    neng999

Answer by neng999 at 6:05 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• i say let her do it as long as she is doing it for herself and not because of peer presure than let her explore her own body......you like it if someone was contantly telling you what you could and couldnt do with your body?
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:12 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I didn't even think about that until I was in high school!
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 5:44 PM on Oct. 30, 2010