Why is it so hard to get apple juice that is made in the USA?

I looked for weeks! Motts & Juicy Juice & store brands are all made in Argentia, South Africa or China. I finally found Florida's Natural and Simply Juice in the refrigerated OJ section - both MADE IN THE USA.

Why was it so hard to find and why are so many made outside the USA when we have lots of apples here??

.science.mom.

Asked by .science.mom. at 9:07 AM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Food & Drink

• The apples grown here usually are sold as whole apples, as imported whole apples don't stay as good as long. Other countries make concentrates, and THAT is what's used for juice (read the juicy juice bottle!). Sad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I asked my husband that same question when I was looking at a can of Seneca and it said Product of China. We have lots of apples in this country! Juicy Juice is the same way--made in China. I saw that on a pellet of unstocked boxes. It said Product of China. I buy local apple ciders now. No need to get China juice when I can get it fresh from the local apple orchards.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:46 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Ano - thanks, I did read the bottle, which is why I wondered why it was so hard to find. Thank you!
    .science.mom.

Comment by .science.mom. (original poster) at 3:17 PM on Oct. 29, 2010