Help Me please

Well I went to the hospital last night I had more than 5 contractions in a hour well when they hooked me up to the monitors the contractions were every 1-2 minutes..being since this is my third child I know NOTHING ABOUT WHAT REAL LABOR FEELS LIKE because I was induced a month with my first child and 3 weeks early with my second child so anyways. I'm just 35 weeks and 5 days today so they give me a shot to stop my contractions well the contractions didn't stop they were coming still frequent just not lasting as long. Well today I'm feeling icky, sick at my stomach, exactly how long in your all's opioion do u think it would be before I go? because they said once i hit 36 weeks they won't give me another shot they won't stop it. So basically how long does that shot last? i'M ALRAEDY 3 CM AND 60% EFFACED BY THE WAY!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• if you feel icky call your dr.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 11:53 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• ur exactly as pregnant as i am lol.. 35 wks 5 days!!! .... im not sure what ur askin lol one of the ? is how long does the shot last.. im not sure about that one! Its the ? b4 that i dont get lol :)
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 11:53 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• The shot they give you only stops your contractions temporarily, you could return home after being given the shot just to have your contractions start up again. I dealt with preterm labor at 33 weeks with my son and delivered at 36 weeks when my water broke. At 33 weeks they stopped my contractions with a shot and it worked. However, my sister-in-law who has high risks pregnancies usually continues with contractions for months on end starting at least 2 months before giving birth, despite being given a shot for the contractions every time she goes into the hospital.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:55 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• sometimes that shot works and the contractions stop for good till its time for the baby to come but other times it only lasts a day or 2.
    when my mom was pregnant with my sister she had to keep going to the hospital all the time and getting more shots.
    vampire2007

Answer by vampire2007 at 11:55 AM on Oct. 30, 2008