Just wanted to share a cute inexpensive family xmas gift idea..

Get a large wicker basket from the dollar store preferrably with a handle,buy shredded decrative paper almost like easter grass to put in the basket.. ( I've used the folded tissue paper and shredded it my self..) then buy and inexpensive dvd from walmart a 3 pack popcorn some boxes of movie candies from walmart and a liter of soda arrange in the basket cover with sulefaine bunched up at the top tie it off with a rubber band and a ribbon or bow. This was a huge hit with friends last year..But this year being so strapped financially I'm doing this for family gifts. It costs maybe $7-$10 to put together...

chica679

Asked by chica679 at 9:23 AM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Holidays

• Very good idea!!! Thanks!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 9:24 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Love it.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:24 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• good idea!
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 9:25 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Great idea!

Answer by older at 9:26 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I have done that and but in a HUGE bowl from the dollar store or Walmart for the popcorn.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 9:27 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• or do it in a huge bowl or drink tub instead of a basket
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 9:28 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• thanks ladies! You can also do your own bath baskets buying bath products from the dollar store they are alot cheaper than buying ones already put together. You can make a dinner basket with a pkg of spaghetti,canned spaghetti sauce,and a loaf of french bread of course this will have to be done the day before being delivered so the bread will be okay it makes dinner on the nite of the 25th easy. there is so many ideas too many to share but just use ur imagination and you can have an inexpensive family gift basket.
    chica679

Comment by chica679 (original poster) at 9:31 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• baskets are so cute and it looks like you spent money but only you and I will know the difference
    chica679

Comment by chica679 (original poster) at 9:32 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Awesome idea! Another option instead of the basket is to get a big plastic popcorn container. I found them at Dollar Tree and fill it the same way. We have done baskets like for silent auctions and it's always a big hit.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:33 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:35 AM on Oct. 27, 2010