whats safe for my toddler to play with in the kitchen

kitaboo88

Asked by kitaboo88 at 9:34 AM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• pots, pans, rubbermaid, empty boxes, wooden spoons, plastic spatulas.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:36 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• We have always had our plastic food containers in a large child level cabinet. When the kids were young, they loved to get it all out and play with it.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:43 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• what everyone else said is fine....just make sure the sugar and flour is put up so you dont end up with the mess that i had to clean up lol.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:48 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• All these suggestions are good. If you have a little plain dough that is fun and messy. We also have fridge magnets, ones from leapster that teach the basics. They only really play with them when we are in the kitchen, but it keeps them busy.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:50 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• bowls,wooden spoons,pots,and pans. my son loves playing with big bowls. he likes them on his head.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 11:56 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• we use everything together.. my son even helps cook.. he loves to stir and mash things like potatoes... and loves helping empty the dishwasher.. he is an expert at putting away the silverware and his own plates.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 7:26 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• pots, pans, plastic (stirring) spoons. my ds loves to fill up and empty the dishwasher. after i put the soap in, he closes it and turns on the dishwasher. he helps me put away dishes (with my help of course) when i make something to eat, he'll get whatever i need out of the fridge, its kinda cute. lol
    JT32606

Answer by JT32606 at 4:05 PM on Nov. 6, 2010