I'M NOT SURE WHAT TO DO!

Ok So I'm 37 weeks..... and normally my lil one is very active. I've been up since 8 (central time) and he has not moved since i've been awake. I've poked on my stomach (normally that will get him to move because he hates it) i've tried moving around, sitting still, switching positions and he's just not moving. I don't know if it's because i'm further along and he doesn't have room... or whats going on. It's my first pregnancy and I'm worried about my lil one. So y'all have any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• DRINK A COKE OR TEA WITH CAFFEINE AND CALL YOUR DR. YOU SHOULD BE DOING KICK COUNTS.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 12:01 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• It is normal for them not to move when your so far along because of the space they have but if you are getting worried go to the docs. to make sure and they well let you know everything is alright good luck
    tryingmom203

Answer by tryingmom203 at 12:02 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Well I normally do them... but when he hasn't moved there is nothing to count. Also one doctor said it should be 10 kicks every 2 hours and my actual doctor said 10 kicks every day.... does anyone know which one it really is?
    Anonymous

• eat something sweet. lay on ur left side. Some babies dont move as much as they use to when its time to come.. Call ur dr and tell him ur concerned
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 12:03 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Every baby moves different.. my daughter didnt move much my son does cartwheels! dont worry and just call the dr im sure the baby is fine
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 12:04 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I had this happen on the morning of an appointment and i hadn't realized it but i didnt eat breakfast... i ate some waffles with lots of syrup and he woke up! it was his way of saying he's hungry and didn't have anything to work off of.
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 12:20 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• i thought it might be something I did.... but i ate breakfast like i always do.... cereal and vitamin D milk... i drank a glass of milk and a glass of juice and i took my prenatals.... And the only thing I've felt since then is pressure on my pelvic bone
    Anonymous

• Any time you preceive a decrease in movements do a kick count and if you are still concerned call your OB or Midwife right away. Especially at so far along they want you to be vigilant about movements. Do a kick count by drinking a glass of OJ or something sweet and then lay on your side in a quiet room. Baby should kick at least 10 in an hour (I think) though he could be sleeping which is normal. If it still seems like low activity drink some really cold water and try again. After that if still concerned call the doctor. NEVER be afraid to call.

Hope this helps!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:46 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Thanks for everyones advice! i called my doctor and he sent me to the ER. Everything is fine with me and my little guy! :) We did find out that i don't feel contractions though.... lol the nurse said i'm lucky :)
    Anonymous