Why is Obama spending alot of money on a 30 minute commercial worse than Palin spending so much money on designer clothes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• About Palin's clothes : I agree that it's personal use and should not have been paid for by the campaign funds (which are publicly funded, and therefore are paid by everybody on their taxes). If I have to go to a job interview, the company won't pay for my interview clothes!

As for the money I donated to Obama, I think, as somebody else said, that the only people who should criticize its use should be the ones donating it. If you a Rep, I doubt you have a say in the subject. It's a huge amount of money, but it was necessary for Obama to be on equal footing with McCain and get where he has gotten so far. The Obama campaign organisation was huge, they have a lot more paid staffers and have more offices....it WAS necessary to spend all this.
    didine70

Answer by didine70 at 1:49 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• LOL Did you see Sarah's wardrobe before the campaign?? That's why she spent the money on clothes... Obama, on the other hand, spends his money for time on tv to BRAINWASH people! DIdn't work for me, I'm smarter than that.
    praisinghim2day

Answer by praisinghim2day at 12:06 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• there is no relation between the two events.
    the rnc dressed her and her family up for the convetion, she didn't spend the money, the rnc did.
    obama spent money that was given to his campaign by his supporters.
    end of story.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 12:08 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• The RNC spent 150K of donations for Palin's clothing.

Obama spent 4 to 5 million of donations for an infomercial.

$150,000 or $4,000,000...seems like a bit of a gap. If it's all donation money, then why is it a problem for the RNC to spend it as they like? If Obama can, why can't they?

How much does QVC spend for their infomercials?
    Anonymous

• i freaking loved all her outfits. and they have some nerve givin her so much crap about that and obama is out there gettin all that money to just get good for himself... its just wrong to me

and u know if Sarah P. didnt look as good as she is, they would be saying something about that!!!!

good for u praisinghim2day! u hit it right on the nose..BRAINWASHING!!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:11 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Its not. Obama has know choice. He has got to go for every, every vote he can. As you can see on CM, their is one BIG group of voters that wil not vote for him because he is black. None of the others have that to try to work with. If he was white it would be a landslide with the economy the way it is.
    Anonymous

• Was it really neccessary for her to spend her money $800 pair of shoes and Armani suits? I'm saying she shouldn't dress the part but, the cost of those clothes is more than what most familys make in 2 years! I have a BIG PROBLEM with that!
    Anonymous

• Nobody buys a million dollar house and wears clothes from Target or J.Crew, lies and more lies and you all believe their bullshit. BRAINWASHING is an excellent term for the day.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 12:13 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

No, it probably wasn't necessary. But is it necessary for Obama to have spent millions on a half-hour ad?

Palin's clothing was promised to charity for donation/auction purposes before that story about her clothing even broke. At least they're going to recover that money for organizations that can use it.

What will Obama do with his leftover money? They can't recover money spent on ads...that's just money down the drain.
    Anonymous

• $150,000 to dress the part vs $4,000,000 to brainwash. I'd say Palin got the better bargain! Look at her! She's HOTT!! You can't tell me that Obama doesn't have $150,000 worth of clothes and suits that he wears for campaigning. If you think he's got Wal-Mart suits for campaign speeches, then you seriously need to think over that again. The ONLY reason she's receiving heat for her spending on clothing is because she's FEMALE!! It's a chick thing that guys will NEVER understand. That's why there's such a big deal about it.

^5 juliansmommy & akinbottom
    praisinghim2day

Answer by praisinghim2day at 12:18 PM on Oct. 30, 2008