Is my child too young for a concert?

Ok...I may sound crazy. He's only 5. He's so into music - literally knows all the top 20 songs on Amazon - title and artist...is constantly singing and dancing - even doing kareoke at a local kids' kareoke night. The concert is the Kiss Jingle Ball. Thoughts? I know it will be loud...I know he's still pretty short and we would have to sit far away form the action.

romanojm

Asked by romanojm at 10:31 AM on Oct. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• Wow, have some of you ever been to any concerts? I have been to plenty and have yet to see these magical fights, lewdness, cussing, aromas and whatnot that everyone seems to see. She isn't taking him to Gwar or ICP. Dang. It's like Taylor Swift, Demi Levato, Mike Posner...tame music.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:42 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I dont think he is old enough to already get hearing loss from a concert.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:37 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Make sure the event allows kids under 6 before you buy tickets. A lot won't.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 10:33 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• No not for Kiss, I think too young!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:40 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Also keep in mind of the screaming ppl who are just as loud if not louder from the bands so it wont matter where you sit.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:38 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I would take him. Why not?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:52 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• what is kiss jingle bell? is it something he is interested in? If it is geared towards kids I don't think there is a problem with it. He can always wear ear plugs.
    2kidsandtired

Answer by 2kidsandtired at 11:22 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Concert venues are no place for young children, unless the concert is geared specifically for them. The language, drunkenness, style of dress of some attendees, and the aroma of marijuana...just not the place for young kids. Listen to that voice inside you telling you it's not a good idea. It's right. :-)
    DivaDynamite

Answer by DivaDynamite at 11:40 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• The Kiss Jingle Ball is exactly like the last poster said...Selena Gomez, etc. It is geared towards younger children - tweens mostly. I don't anticipate much moshing, marijuana etc - Kiss is the Boston pop music station that sponsors the concert - not the band with Gene Simmons!! :)
    romanojm

Comment by romanojm (original poster) at 9:20 PM on Oct. 27, 2010